Sporter vs Monte Carlo stock

Remington92

Hey folks was wondering if someone could give me some insight as to the ergonomic behind different style stocks. I'm looking at either weatherby weathermark lt or the new steel backcountry. Which stock will give the highest cheek weld for bigger objective scopes?

The Monte Carlo style on the weathermark has more drop at comb than the backcountry but it's heel drop is also more. Does the lower heel lift the rifle for a better position or is it all based on the comb?

weight difference in 2 rifles is negligible. and actions are basically the same so it comes down to stock styles and $700

If you intend to put some huge objective (over 50mm) on it you may need the Monte Carlo.

My most expensive 2 scopes (Swaro & Schmidt) have 50 mm lenses and that's all you need.

A standard comb works just fine.

I most likely will be going with a 40s mm objective. So even through the comb is lower the greater drop at heel does lift the rifle into a higher position making it feel higher than a standard stock? Also just noticed what is the difference in comb and Monte Carlo measurement?

Weathermark Monte Carlo
Monte Carlo 0.625"
Drop at comb 0.875
Drop at heel 1.625"

Backcountry
Drop at comb 0.625"
drop at heel 0.325"

Sorry if these are stupid questions

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.