Spike says hi from mile 22 of the Alaska hwy in northern British Columbia Canada

Spike

Hi my name is Steve Wilks and I live near Farmington in northern B.C. I Love firearms, reloading and hunting; primarily whitetail deer.

Spike's (Steve) reply to ss7mm

Greetings Dick, hows life in Fort Mac these days? It's pretty slim for work in the patch around here. Tell me about your long range rig. I'm fairly new to long range hunting. I've shot a deer and a couple of coyotes and around 360 yds. I handload for the .358 Win, 7mm Rem Mag, .338 Win Mag, And .243 Win. My 7mm is an A Bolt with a 4.5 - 14 x 50 V III long range with boone and crocket rectile. I bought some 168 gr. Berger VLD Match Grade and as soon as it warms up enough I plan to develope a load. I not convinced of their killing potential as of yet. Berger says they will penetrate heavey bone but also claim only 20% weight retention when delivered through the boiler room. I have my doubts. The load development is the fun part, whether I use them for an actual big game hunt or not is yet to be determined. I've bought and shot hundreds of bullets only at paper, they never make on a hunt. I'm sure that most serious reloaders can say the same. Nice to here from you.

Regards
Steve A Wilks

Fort mac is good . Not as busy but still pretty crazy. I hardly get days off. I'm in the process of buolding my first LR rig. A savage 300WM putting a mcgowen barrel, joel russo stock, jewel trigger, not sure on optics yet. Good to see another canadian.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.