Speer impacts.

Aren't these just the gold dot/fusion bullets with a poly tip? If so- they are great bullets for hunting
From what I know (or think I know), the bonding process is the same. The Gold Dots are HbN coated and the Impacts are "raw" like the Fusion, the boat tail on the Impacts is more traditional and the Gold Dot/Fusions is more of a rebated style, in any case, as you stated, they are indeed great hunting bullets IMO.

Any field experience with the Speer impact? Looking at going to the 190 for my 300 wby.
No field experience yet but I am trying them in my 300 WSM. So far they have been very accurate.

There is a great video of them being tested by Frontline Rejects.

What caught my eye was the diameter of the expansion and the weight retention.

I haven't heard anyone say anything but positives about their terminal performance. One of the guys on the .308 Facebook forum had his grandson shoot a cow elk with the 172 at 308 velocities. He found the bullet fully expanded under the offside hide. One shot kill.

I think they're basically an aerodynamic Fusion bullet. The price and performance look fantastic to me. Again, accuracy has been really good.

I haven't shot any yet but I ordered 500 of the 190 last year and was very disappointed when sorting them by base to ogive. Had an ES of .013" of the 250 I opened and sorted. I've had better measurements with the 100 grain 6mm Speer btsp. I was excited for these and still may be if they shoot after sorting but I feel like for their "premium" bullet it should have better tolerance than that.

I tried the 190s in 2-300win mags and 2-300wsm, couldn't get them to shoot worth a crap. I messed with the 140s in a 65 creed and 65 prc, both have shot decent enough. My girlfriend shot a whitetail buck at about 75 yds with the prc, complete pass through with a golf ball size exit. I will continue to play with the 140s very happy with the terminal performance.