• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SPEER GOLD DOT

I'm sorry I forgot to post pictures. Looks like a regular bullet. Smooth side, copper coloring, lead tipped.

Attachments

• IMG_4784.jpeg
    IMG_4784.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4785.jpeg
    IMG_4785.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
I haven't tried any, but the fusion or terminal ascent would be my next buy. Those might not be the correct 1's I'm thinking about as the weights are different? I can't find the 308win or the 30-06 spr data I once saw. I thought the weights were around 173/190 or some other weight that was 2 or 3 grains +/- of their usual weights?
I think those would be Speer Impact bullets.

That is correct. 30 cal Speer impacts are 172gr and 190gr. Supposed to be good but they're new enough I haven't heard too many field reports.
Speer Impact have polymer tips and are also made in 140 gr. 6.5MM. Don't know how they perform on game but they are deadly accurate out of 6.5 PRC.

Oddly... I just got back (just now) from shooting the 172 Impact bullets for the first time.
I loaded some and shot them out of a 300 SAUM. Loaded 2.820 to fit the mag, they had a long jump due to the secant ogive and shot about 1.5-2" @ 100 yards with two different loads. Not what I call good.
Will try again.

My research says the Fusion is the sister bullet to GOLD DOT. Federal got involved and changed name to Fusion with some subtle changes basically same bullet.
Did you end up finding any gold dots? Or do you want to try some fusions?

Recent Posts