Southwest Ammo

Backwoods Boy

Hey guys, has anyone used this ammo before? If so, what was your thoughts on it? Also, looking at their 300 wsm 190 gr smk's, is this too heavy a bullet for the wsm to launch? I only have experience in the 150-180 gr range. My rifle didn't really like the black hills gold 180 gr accubonds. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I've used their 5.56/77gr remanufactured and 308 RUNnGUN Mod 1 175gr. Both are quality loads that worked really well in my rifles. I didn't chrono them, but the accuracy was very good from both. The shipping from them takes a very long time in my experience, but ammo seems to be of very good quality and reasonably priced.

I wouldn't order anything from them. I've used their ammo in the past with great results. However, I placed a small order on 12-29-12 and have still not received it. I understand that things are a little crazy right now. But they charge my card for the order and will not get back with me on the status of the order. I've made multiple attempts to contact them. I really don't see myself doing any business with them in the future.

I believe I'd be doing a chargeback on them. Your credit card is governed by government regulations, one of which is the chargeback.

I don't play that crap. Communication is everything and IMO, no charges should be levied until the goods are ready to ship unless stated otherwise.

I won't deal with any concern that uses my payment (and others) to float a business, I don't do it (with my business) and it's poor practice.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.