Southeastern Wyoming deer hunting?

sambo3006

Struck out in Colorado and Utah and looking for a back up plan. There are left over deer tags for Wyoming and I'm looking at regions D, J and T. Looks like there is lots of public land in region D, specifically the Medicine Bow NF. I'm mainly interested in mule deer although I probably wouldn't let a 140+ whitetail walk.
Anybody have experience hunting that area? I'd most likely be coming out myself and camping out of my SUV. Are there decent numbers of deer and access? Any info is appreciated.
Thanks!
Sam

I've hunted region T four times. There's alot of private land and some days I didn't see what I would consider a shooter deer. I live in Pensylvania and drove out and stayed in a hotel. Sometimes the drive out to where I was hunting was 50 miles away. I did kill two nice muleys and twice I came home empty handed.(long drive home) I see deer that most would have killed. I also saw some giants that I could not get a proper shot at. Numbers are low and did see some whitetails in a river bottom. I didn't mess with them because the corn wasn't harvested and the farmer told me alot of the bigger ones stay in the corn till it's harvested. I didn't feel like sitting in a stand either as that's how we hunt here in PA.

Good Luck
G.

I got a Region D general tag, good for any whitetail or buck mule deer. It would have to be a really big whitetail for me to drive that far and shoot a species I can shoot back home. Probably going to pick up a left over antelope doe tag and try to find some private land to hunt. No public land in the units that have left over antelope tags in the vicinity of where I'll be hunting. Hopefully it will be successful but it is always fun to hunt out west!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.