South Central PA hunter

257X50

Enjoy single actions and Mausers.

Machinist, pistol smith for a while, long range junkie.

In my 60s.

Carlisle. Right over the hill.

Retiring out west. ;-))

I see the wings. My baby brother (6'4" 230 lbs lol) was a Jumpmaster in the 82nd. Jumped Panama, Egypt. And then Granada.

I did Special Weapons. Non violent type. Lol

Welcome, where in south central PA.

I'm slow. Did you know Al Wardrup(spl) in Mechanicsburb?

One of the gunsmiths/shooters at Williamsport for years. I got a bench stock of his. Great guy. He built for Bob Bell. The scope guy from Gun Digest. Then editor of PA Game News.

Al was shooting the 7mm 300 Weatherby, good lord, 50+ years ago.

I may be getting old.

I called Sierra about loads and they said "use the loading for that 7 mm STW".

Mainly 223s in CZ 527s and bench 308s with B&L 20 year old target scope.

Yup. I'm getting old.

Math junkie so variables in LR is always interesting.

Building a Remington on Al's stock. Old School again. Clamp the barrel and float the action.

Used to work loads up in the Ford Dry Lake bed in CA. Lots of room and no crowds. Not so in PA.

Didn't t know Al, but heard his name a few times among the Williamsport crowd. Everyone in this area who started the long range game years ago shot the 7-300 Wby. I re chambered the last 7-300 Wby I had to an improved version, just wanted something a bit different. I still have a few rifles with the bedding blocks, old school for sure, but they all shoot like they have eyeballs..:)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.