SONS of Guns??!!

Is it me or is this guy, Will Hayden, doing nothing original, hack and just plain dumb?

I would agree a lot of the R&D they portray as "new concepts" are old hat with a slightly different twist, sometimes good most the time not so good.
The bovine anal seepage, technical double talk and misinformation can get a little out of hand from what I've seen.

They definitely know how to misquote history.....
There's a lot of drama queens running around there... Hayden being one of the biggest violators, but not the only one by a long shot... that's for sure.

Using statement's in their programs like; "no one has ever suppressed an AK47 before" is pretty lame, we all know that was done clear back in 1955 in Russia on the AK-47 ref Kalashnikov Arm page 61, the Russians even have a BS-1 silent under-barrel grenade launcher... not too mention all the AK74 suppressors they have designed over the many years.
And I know personally of at least 5 US Suppressor builders building suppressors that were used just fine on the AK family of weapons as far back as 20 plus years ago.

I think this is what gun people find a little unsatisfying about the program(s); it's like watching the news media, when they are speaking about weapons on T.V .... they almost never get it right, much like T.V shows in general, kinda the nature of the beast I guess
It's just that this program is suppose to be a gun guy's show; well maybe it is... it's fun to watch the buffoonery in the first degree with a rain grenade an some time too kill, other wise it's channel change time.

just my 0.02

Well said 436.
this is supposed to be a "gun guys's show". However, it is actually quite anoying to watch if your trying to learn about guns. It can be a good show if your just interested in seeing what silly idea's they are going to come up with this episode...

BTW... why is will so in love with shortening rifle barrels? He cut down for sure 3 - 30 cal machine gun barrels and for sure 1-50 cal barrel. Does the guy have something against power? Also, why on earth did he build a 458 -AR15 for pigs???? they already have powerfull rifles in the AR10 to choose from including the 260 and the 308!

what a joke, I'd take the availability, power, and cost of the 308 over the 458 any day of the week.
He is less concerned with practical tactial equipment and more concerned with flash and over-the -top displays....

Oh well,

Its made to **** off people that do understand and inffuriate those who don't. He's probable a retired MEDIA school teacher, with as less interest in firearms than you or I. DON"T WATCH IT >>>>> It just improves his ratings, along with all that " Look at me having your fun" TV ... " So , watch more of me, destroy your gun future , because you need to pay like I do" . He's the Ranger Gordd from Red / Green show.

They actually made the news the other day. From what I understand, they were subject to an ATF inspection/investigation. Which resulted in Will and Stephanie looking at doing some Federal time. However, I guess a deal was made and they will never be able to obtain another FFL.

'Sons of Guns' Stars -- Punished By the Feds for MAJOR Firearms Violations | TMZ.com

It is what it is, internet chatter! So take it for what it is worth!

Yeah, I've watched the show. Sometimes it's entertaining, lots of times it's ,to me, stupid. I gotta remember it's a reality show and Will and crew are probably told what to do and say. I will fault Will in that IF he's as legit as I believe he is, he hasn't stood up to them. He does lead us I think to believe his slightly changed weapon from another that's been done is his "new invention". Did I say that right? Maybe that's what the folks in TV land want him to say for ratings. I will say his show is far better than American Gun. Some of the shows have shown me a good guy side of Will that keeps me checking the guide to see if it's a segment I'll watch.
BTW, I like that 436 says, bovine anal seepage...ain't that the same as B.S.? LOL !

How do you make a mistake big enough to lose your FFL if that is your business ie; gun sales, gunsmithing ???

I've heard they lost track of 10 AK-47s. Take it with a grain of "I heard it on the internet" salt though. Who knows.

I tried to like the show but the reality TV show aspect, the drama queen aspect, and Will's seeming like a standup guy on one level but his grandstanding and atrocious management "style" left me cold. I shudder.

Throw in the "it's a game changer", or "it's never been done before" lies and I had to stop watching. A piston AR has never been done before? Really? Having seen behind the scenes, and hearing some reports of stunningly long delays in delivery of work, I wouldn't use them for anything nor would I buy anything of theirs I see for sale elsewhere. They won't suffer from loss of my business, lol, plenty of people who see the show seem to be lining up to give them money. Good on them I guess.

My $.02 anyway.

I like the ak variant 1000 yard sniper rifle , one question bout it "WHY"?

The "WHY" doesn't matter. It's mired in BS on several levels anyway. One of the reasons the project was spawned was that a soldier could have match grade accuracy with AK ammo that they could pick up off the ground.

LOL!! They ended up chambering that rifle in 7.62x51 (.308 Win). Other than 240 gunners and snipers the 7.62x51 is a round US soldiers don't normally carry. How in the H is a guy carrying an AK with a .308 chamber supposed to safely shoot 7.62x39 ammunition he picked up off the ground?

Also, if you watch closely, the group they shot at close range was patched. When the gun was fired the patch blew off or was pulled off to display a shot group.

Let's not forget the approach angle of the bullet going in to the vehicle too. Do you really think they expect me to believe no bullet arc is involved with a .308 at a 1000 yards? For the bullet to travel through the windshield, through the car, and out the back window to hit the exploding man is physically impossible for a .308 at 1000 yards.

If you do some digging, you will find out the Will and daughter did lose track of some guns, the feds jerked their license, they did some quick stepping, and now Joe Meaux holds the FFL and is the listed owner. Changed the name of the business slightly during all the maneuvering. What is telling is the number of complaints with the BBB against Red Jacket. Seems like since their show started, they can't keep up with demand, and custom orders are taking forever, longer than promised, and mistakes are being made. At some point, they are going to have to choose whether to be a mass producer of guns, or only do custom one-offs, as they are doing a seemingly lousy job at both. And the drama is scripted for TV. I don't care to watch it. I switched to some much more refined reality TV: Swamp People and Duck Dynasty. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts