Son's 1st deer

Gene Jr.

My son and I were out for early muzzleloader last saturday. It is antlerless only so we were looking for baldies. We got on a small group of deer and I had him pick out the one he could tell for sure didn't have any horns and he felt good about taking a shot on. He was behind the encore 45X209 only a few moment when the hammer came back and he asked for the go ahead. We agreed on which one he was shooting and he took the 90 yard shot. It dropped in it's tracks and the celebrating began:D The shot hit right on the point of the shoulder and broke the near shoulder and destroyed the spine exiting in front of the shoulder on the far side. Turned out to be a button buck but was no matter to how happy he was.
lukedeer1small.jpg

Gene

Congrats! I have been able to enjoy hunting with my son for the last 10 years. All great memories and stewards to promote our rights to hunt.

Congratulations to you and your son, a successful hunt for sure. I can see it now..."hey Luke, you don't mind if I borrow one of my long range rifles to hunt with this season, do you?" :D

Thanks guys! He's still proud as can be.

Joel, He told me last night he wants to use the 308 Baer Saturday morning so he can kill something with it before I do. Little brat! Then he will have a rightful claim to it as his own:rolleyes:

Gene

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts