1st Wyoming Bull

doghntr

Got my 1st bull on opening day.

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 112
I fianally drew a tag for Area 31,after 4 or 5 years of trying. We were watching this draw from the next ridge over when this one came out. First spotted him at 620 yards when he came out of some timber into a good size clearing. I was lucky that he took his time going across the opening, as it gave us a lot of time to look at him. (I had told myself before I left home that I was going to shoot the first good one I saw.) When he got to about 500 yards I decided to take him. The whole time we are watching him he is angling towards us. So when he gets to about 450 he decides to trot into the timber, he stopped at 380 yards when my friend cow called to him. I sent the Berger 168 VLD from my Beanland 308 and he went maybe 30 yards and piled up. We were both impressed with the Berger's. Not a bad opening day. Had a great time with good people and saw a lot of good country.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.