Something very WRONG with this photo.

The elk look like they are all different sizes now that you mention it.

Oh I see it! It says "long range hunting store" written across the horizon! I don't think I've ever seen that out hunting before! Advertising is so subliminal....

;):D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only seen one bear in the wild when I was 12yo...riding in the back seat of dads car...45 years ago, but I can see the paw has been altered...might not even be real...to me it looks like a drawing.

The Elk are too small to know if they have been photo shopped. I seen pictures that look exactly like that if some of the heard is well beyond the nearest ones...looks like a wintering area photo.

Hi guys. I'm the one who edits our photos to create banner ads and other graphics. I do use a version of Photoshop to do the editing so it is true that the above images have been "Photoshopped".

What I do is adjust things like contrast, brightness, sharpness, etc. to enhance the photo and get it to look as rich as possible. Almost all photos can benefit from at least some minor tweaks like this and some photos really need a lot of help to look good enough to use in advertising, etc.

But I can assure you that the bear and the elk are absolutely real and have not been modified in any way other than what I mentioned above.

Some of the things I noticed.
1) The Pads are white or light cream color......and should be Black. Even on Brown Bear/Grizzly they are Black. This includes the pads on the toes.

2) There are deep lines or creases on pads, just like on the palm of your hand.

3) There is hair between the different pads on the foot, even at the base of the toes, often hair growing out of the cracks or creases.

4) There is no leg. Only the foot. Then it shifts from the base of the foot to something black. The something black looks kind'a like the chest of a Black Bear.

Anyway, no big deal. It just looks funny to someone who has skinned over three hundred bears. Especially the white/cream colored pads.

Hi guys. I'm the one who edits our photos to create banner ads and other graphics. I do use a version of Photoshop to do the editing so it is true that the above images have been "Photoshopped".

What I do is adjust things like contrast, brightness, sharpness, etc. to enhance the photo and get it to look as rich as possible. Almost all photos can benefit from at least some minor tweaks like this and some photos really need a lot of help to look good enough to use in advertising, etc.

But I can assure you that the bear and the elk are absolutely real and have not been modified in any way other than what I mentioned above.
l

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.