Something interesting to me

sewwhat89

I got some 120 gr RBBT Wildcats to play with in my .25-06; however, I did not want to alter my die setting from my 75 gr Barnes X, 87 gr Speers or any of the NBTs. They all shoot great with the same setting. I put the spacer from a .38/357 or 44S&W/44Mag die to seat the 120s out a bit further. Works like a champ with the RBBT right at the shoulder/neck junction. The bullet ended up about 0.003" into the lands with that setting. I have a ladder loaded up to see if I am going to have any potential loads with these bullets in my .25-06 or if they will have to wait on my future creation!

.25-06 WW M70
WW brass/WLR
Retumbo up to 61 grs
3.340" coal - feeds in mag too

I use a similar process when I size my cases for the .270 AM. I found a 3/4" SS washer that only needed to be touched up to fit around the die. It is just thick enough to allow me to use it for the false shoulder on new cases without having to reset the die from where I have it set to size the fired cases. Works like a charm.

Those 125's have shot well from both Tim's and my 25/06. We didn't seat them into the lands, so you might have to back them out a tad if they don't group right off. I think we were between .010 and .020 in our rifles. They shot under 1/2" & 200 though.

Good luck with yours.

Well, I got about a 12" pattern with these bullets out of my .25-06. I think I will stay with my 115 NBTs for my longer range work.

I will try them backed off a little, but it will not be for some time. I am working on some other rifles now.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts