Someone Make Up My Mind!

Well, I done it.

My local Sportsman's Warehouse is $950 richer, and waiting on the delivery of...

A Model 70 Featherweight in 280 Remington.

And here's why.

It's different. Everyone and their brother's dog has a 30-06/308 around here. I only know a couple people who have 7mm's at all, and those are 7RM and 7x57. And now me with a 280. :rolleyes:

And, The Featherweight is pretty.

As you can tell, I don't particularly have a well thought out reason. It's just how I was feeling when I walked in. :D

--TK

Been there done that. All it matters is your happy with your decision. Happy safe shooting/hunting. Cheers!

Ed

I think you will be happy. We just did load development for a 280 Ackley that is fantastic.

As far as the 7mm goes, I think we sell more 7mm bullets than any other. I have not sat down to collect the data but I think the 7 has it.

Have fun with your new rifle.

Steve

Nothing wrong with a Winchester mod. 70 they too are made by the same company that makes Browning rifles and a 280 is a necked down 06 so you'll be good way out there with that rifle if needs be. Good luck with your new rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.