Some shooting today

petenz

Went out and did a bit of shooting today on a friends farm with my Sako 75 .243, here are some results

500 yards, fired the first (lower) three then corrected (and noted) elevation and fired the top three, pity I missed the wind on that flier
P4220005.jpg

600 yards

untitled-12.jpg

1 shot at 500 yards:D after it got perforated at 250 by splatter from a 180gr Berger 7mm doing 3200fps

P4220008.jpg

I like my sako:cool:

Corrections weren't exactly right today because the rifle is, as of yesterday, temporarily wearing a Nikon Monarch II 3-12x42 instead of it's usual VXIII. I think the clicks on the nikon aren't quite the same value as the loopy... but it tracks reliably and has great glass for the money

I just need to find somewhere on this farm where I can get more than 650 yards:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I like the Sakos too. Nice shooting, it's just plain fun isn't it. Where are you? It looks much warmer than the -10deg F and 1.5ft of snow on the ground here.:)

Steve

I'm at the bottom of the South Island of New Zealand, it's summer here... 22* C today.

Shooting stuff is always fungun)

looks like you did some good shooting, what load do u shoot from your .243? i know the feeling of looking for a longer place to shoot all the time!

Load is a 90gr Targex, Lapua brass, 210, and 44.5gr of ADI AR2209 for 3127fps out of the 22" Sako barrel.

The targex is a locally made bullet, uses a J4 jacket.. it's a rebated boat-tail design, BC of .485 or so... shoots great, works well on game and I'm supporting a great local business. And it's the best bullet I have found to work out of a 1:10" twist .243.

That is most probably the best shooting w/a .243 that I've seen. For some reason I just can't make one work. Maybe a dose of those locally made bullets would be the ticket.

Keep up the support of that local business...

Good shooting!

As you can tell, we've had a rough winter so far in the west. The first thing I noticed was the nice green grass. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts