Some quality time with my WSM's this past Sat!!!!

hshunter

Some quality time with my WSM\'s this past Sat!!!!

Finally had achance to spend a few hours at the range this past Sat. was able to work up loads for my 270, 7mm and 325 WSM HS's. It looks like Max loads of Reloader 19 will be the powder of choice, but will chrono next weekend to make sure. all groups were shot off of the bench @100 yds.
DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0432.jpg

DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

nmhunter

Re: Some quality time with my WSM\'s this past Sat!!!!

Wow, that's good!

I guess I should beg you to work up loads for my new 6.5/270WSM when Kirby finishes it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Len, give me a shout when it comes in, I would be glad to help with loading data for it.
nmhunter

Wooda looked better w/a dime /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Geeze...........

That nickel is counterfiet, you can see the rust on the iron. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

all I could scrounge up was this old nickel. next time I will use a shiny dime /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
nmhunter

DAAAAAAAMN!!!!! Those pistols are kinda accurate, great shooting!!

I'm curious to know how fast the 270/7mm are going myself.

the 270 WSM is : 2894fps 140 gr ballistic tip ( average)
the 7MM WSM is : 2780fps 150 gr ballistic tip (average)
fed 215 M primers, MA + load of rel 19
temp low 80's
no pressure signs
nmhunter

hs....run some 162AM's through that 7mmWSM. They are awesome from my 7mm-270WSM. I'm running them at 2825fps with mild pressure at 80 degrees.

I will, thanks Dan, what powder are you using with the 162"s
What is going on at Handgun Hunt, I keep getting the message that there is an upgrade going on but that has been over a couple of weeks now. Is it going off line permanently? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
nmhunter

H4831SC is my fave in the WSM.....meters great, burns clean and accuracy is wonderful. RL-22 and 168SMK's did give me the best three shot group in the low .1's but velocity was low and the BC on SMK's is very poor against the A-Max's. The A-Max's shoot in the .2 to .3" range for me and that's plenty good for deer to 500+yds. My best 400yd groups are in the 1" with H4831SC and the 162's....I've done that multiple times and even twice in the same day.

About HH...I have no clue what is going on. Gary has not sent me any messages and people are starting to ask questions. He needs to get things straighened out soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.