Some concerns about a reputable gunsmith assessments regarding my rifle

Just a worthless statement, but on the PD, I was a Counter-Sniper on our SWAT Team. We used Remington 700 PSS rifles. Nothing special, and NO extra springs to prevent "bolt jump". Using Federal GMM 168, I was able to shoot a 5 shot group at 100 yards that measured .192 inches. I'm not sure how much I could have improved that with special double springs, but they weren't an option at the time.
I know very well that in the gun community people tend to forget that these are tools and the practical point of view is the main thing if you use them. I was trying to understand if this bolt jump was the typical non issue that gets too much attention by biased people (like a 2 miles shooter) or it was a real concern. It sounds like it's the first case luckily :)

.192 is an amazing 5 shot group. Was that gun customized?

Great jumping bolt handles!! Marketing to fit some perceived needs.

Fast vibes thru steel would occur with or without counter wound springs. A 25 pound firing pin snap followed by a pressure event of close to 60 thou psi upon primer detonation would overwhelm any tiny bolt twisting force caused by a one-piece spring upon tension release - observed with an empty chamber.

Would the dual, opposing wound springs have a greater diameter that would make for internal scuffing inside bolt?

I like J-B Steel Weld epoxy. Two little tubes of resin & hardener will bed most rifles for under $10. Mixture is tough, hard, work time of about 20 minutes, minimum running, & heat resisting up to 400 deg. F. Rem 700 type actions are among the easiest to epoxy bed usually without bedding barrel - receiver being round tube.

Whatever -periodically inspect bolt innards to keep clean & look for spring scuffing inside bolt.

Your smith has a great reputation, and is a precision shooter himself. Talk to a dozen top end shooters in any discipline and you will find large variances in what they think is important to obtain the very best accuracy. Their opinions are based on their experience, trial and error, and years of experience.

You have to decide if his approach and recommendations work for you. You will always find a large group who will disagree. I only neck size belted magnums, have for decades. Most of the modern shooters disagree with me. I don't care, I have tried all the combinations and premutations and I still neck size because it works best for me. Your smith is the same way.

Great jumping bolt handles!! Marketing to fit some perceived needs.

Fast vibes thru steel would occur with or without counter wound springs. A 25 pound firing pin snap followed by a pressure event of close to 60 thou psi upon primer detonation would overwhelm any tiny bolt twisting force caused by a one-piece spring upon tension release - observed with an empty chamber.

Would the dual, opposing wound springs have a greater diameter that would make for internal scuffing inside bolt?

I like J-B Steel Weld epoxy. Two little tubes of resin & hardener will bed most rifles for under $10. Mixture is tough, hard, work time of about 20 minutes, minimum running, & heat resisting up to 400 deg. F. Rem 700 type actions are among the easiest to epoxy bed usually without bedding barrel - receiver being round tube.

Whatever -periodically inspect bolt innards to keep clea
n & look for spring scuffing inside bolt.

Thanks! What is spring scuffing?

He hasn't used very many talley bases if he's more than doubling their torque. That's a good way to have a small collection of cracked talley rings... have enough of those with normal torque.

Can't speak to the trigger issue.
These are not talley rings, they are just 2 pieve 7075 aluminum bases. There is nothing that can break at normal torque values i think

I didn't say and no one asked so I will:
What is your end goal with this rifle? Comp shooting, hunting, ???

That said, I learned early that one should make one change at a time and see the result before going to another change......like an earlier poster said.....baby steps.
Hunting inside 500 yards. For me 500 yards is not medium range, it's long since i could also shoot 50 lbs roes and i consider ideal placing the shot on them in a 4 inch circle (broadside!). Hence i need at worse a 3/4 MOA rifle/ammo combo.

I will get some hate but I have to say i am not a fan of unimounts or one piece rails
That's the beauty of choice brother.You get to decide,not a person that will get paid for a service,needed or not.
I have seen aluminum bases contort a bit causing scuffing on the scope when not torqued to specs.The maker of those rings know what is beyond the yield point of that scope ring and that's why they have specs.
I have owned many Remington rifles over the years and that "bolt bob" does not cause an accuracy problem on the rifles I have owned.
My opinions are based on personal experience,I'm not a gunsmith

I know very well that in the gun community people tend to forget that these are tools and the practical point of view is the main thing if you use them. I was trying to understand if this bolt jump was the typical non issue that gets too much attention by biased people (like a 2 miles shooter) or it was a real concern. It sounds like it's the first case luckily :)

.192 is an amazing 5 shot group. Was that gun customized?
No, it was stock just as it came from Remington. We weren't allowed to alter the rifles in any way, other than routine maintenance due to the nature of it's intended use.

No, it was stock just as it came from Remington. We weren't allowed to alter the rifles in any way, other than routine maintenance due to the nature of it's intended use.
In which years did they issue remington sps tactical in that department? With all the qualitative issues remington seems to be having nowadays i don't think still issue them, do they?