• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sold

Youth or full length?
Looks to be full length.
I need a youth,
maybe someone could tell me
how to cut the recoil pad down.
Mike

The stock measures 30" from end of recoil pad to front of fore end. it came off of a 673 guide rifle in 300 SAUM. Maybe this will help. Stock seems pretty short for me. Thanks.

What Diameter was the barrel of the 300?
the wimpy little 7MM.08 barrel of my daughters M7
might look really strange in the barrel channel.
I need a stock so input from everyone would be great.
Mike

The 300 barrel had a magnum contour. Barrel Diameter at furthest point of the fore end was .750 and at the muzzle was .660. Hope this helps.

Thanks EHG,
the 08 measures .560 at the muzzle so that shouldn't be to bad.
Next question,
this gun has a stock pressure point towards the end of the forearm,
just under the sling stud.
I read on here that this is needed for this barrel (I Think is was RoyinIdaho)
so I am guessing I will need to build a piller at this point when bedding?
Not a big deal, just don't want to buy another stock I can't use.
Am I on the right track here guys?
Mike

gamehauler,
Scrape, File, Sand, or do whatever you have to do to remove that lump of wood (pressure pad) from under the barrel so that the barrel is 100% free floating. 99% of the time you will get better results with a 100% free floated barrel than any part of the stock touching the barrel. The harmonics of the barrel will probably not be the same from shot to shot due to the barrel touching the stock. I'm sure we can start a whole new discussion on barrel harmonics someday but the "pressure pad" is bad news for any kind of accuracy.

That is what I have always heard also
But someone on here and as I said I believe it was Roy
Stated it was needed on this Gun??
My 700 just received a new Lam. stock and is bedded

ehg, I can't tell if Mike bought the stock. If not, I can use it. P/M me if it's not sold.

Thanks, Tom

I'm not sure either. He posted "I'll Take It" but never sent the PM. I will get an answer and let you know. Thanks.

Recent Posts