• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED SOLD SOLD SOLD 338 Lapua Imp. Ruger #1 Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.

392lightning

Smithed by Carolina Precision
31" Schneider stainless barrel with a 2" brake, black coated
Myers Trigger
Bell & Carlson Stock
Talley Rings
Leupold VX-3 Longrange Scope 6.5-20 X 50 fine duplex with target knobs
Redding Dies
70 rounds of loaded Lapua Brass, plus 4 rounds empty
1 Box of 50 unused Nosler Accubond 225gr bullets
1 box of 100 unused Hornady Interlock 225gr bullets
1 partial box 50 Sierra Match King 300gr bullets

Approx 350 rounds down the tube. Best grouping load was using 92gr Retumbo with 300gr Match Kings, Ave. Velocity= 2749fps, SD= 14.4fps, 3.835" OAL. I have not fired the gun in a couple of years due to interest in handguns now. I am selling to help fund a custom handgun project.
I would like to get $1600 for the entire rig. I can send plenty more pics to anyone who is interested. Please send me an e-mail to [email protected]

I posted some pics for you guys further down in this thread.

Last edited:
My kind of gun. One of a kind. What a wonderful project it must have been. It would make a great grizzly bear or moose rifle for sure. I hope somebody on the forum buys it and kills something.

Pics....

CarolinaPrecision338LapuaImp018.jpg
gun)

How very interesting that Carolina Precision understands how to cure the eye relief problem with a Ruger #1.

Now then, lets see a picture of the Lightning with the tires smoking. :D

Thank you for the comments Buffalobob. I could post a few pics of my Lightning but I don't think it would be appropriate on this site...lol. Like most of my guns, my Lightning is custom, making 598HP at the rear tires!! Smoking the tires is an understatement.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.