• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Mcwhorter Custom Rifle in 338 Lapua - SOLD SOLD SOLD

tonyo

For sale: Mcwhorter Custom rifle in 338 Lapua. This rifle has been fired (exact round count unknown) and hunted with. The finish and stock has been recoated / repainted and is in 100% condition.

Best to contact [email protected] for questions or offers.

We can work out shipping costs and FFL as we go. Thanks for your consideration.

McWhorter 338 Lapua.
Stiller Predator Extreme Action
Stiller 20 MOA Rail
Jewel Trigger set at 1 1/2 lb
BDL Bottom Metal
Weatherby Box Mag
26" 1-10 Twist Varmint Contour Hart Barrel with Break
McMillan Varmint Edge Tech Stock Painted Tan with Black Fleck.
Shoots Sub 1/4 with Bergers

Price $3850

Attachments

• IMG_2687.jpg
    IMG_2687.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2689.jpg
    IMG_2689.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2688.jpg
    IMG_2688.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Re: Mcwhorter Custom Rifle in 338 Lapua

Thanks Remmy700,

She is a real shooter also...

I'm not looking for any more kids around my house, maybe some babysitting from time to time???

Side note: My OP notes "unknown" round count, to be fair I should say that the estimated round count is 80 to 100 max fired rounds, so she has plenty of long range killing left to do.

Another note is that all the McWhorter's I have for sale were built in the last 12-18 months

Just a couple of fun facts about this rifle...

I have HD video of one shot kills on an Elk @ 975 yards, Mule deer @ 1250 yards, Whitetail out to 1100 yards, all from 2010 hunting season using this rifle. She is ready to "put 'em down" in 2011.

Last edited:

Just a couple of fun facts about this rifle...

I have HD video of one shot kills on an Elk @ 975 yards, Mule deer @ 1250 yards, Whitetail out to 1100 yards, all from 2010 hunting season using this rifle. She is ready to "put 'em down" in 2011.

Don't hold out on us! Post those videos, or send them to me so I can be one step closer to buying your rig.

[email protected]

Thanks,

R.T.

975 elk video can be found here, the other videos will take a small amount of work to generate.

This video is the same rifle before the 100% refinishing mentioned previously...

Enjoy the show.

[ame=http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=197263023623151]Videos Posted by Extreme Outer Limits: 975 yard Colorado Elk [HD] | Facebook[/ame]

975 elk video can be found here, the other videos will take a small amount of work to generate.

This video is the same rifle before the 100% refinishing mentioned previously...

Enjoy the show.

Videos Posted by Extreme Outer Limits: 975 yard Colorado Elk [HD] | Facebook

That was great watching! Thanks for posting it.

How any days did it take to get to the kill:D

Tell me more about the gun. You know, try to sell me on it:cool:

Thanks again for the video great gun)

That was great watching! Thanks for posting it.

How any days did it take to get to the kill:D

Tell me more about the gun. You know, try to sell me on it:cool:

Thanks again for the video great gun)

No problem for the video, sounds like you enjoyed it.

You are correct, getting to the kill site can be more than you originally estimate, but knowing there is an elk on the ground erases lots of pain.

As far as the rifle, it is what it is. It's light weight, repeatable, and accurate. Whack and stack, shake and bake, or whatever you want, this gun will get it done. I do not know of any North American animals that will walk away from a well placed 300 grain bullet at terminal velocity. Got to love the 338.

If you have never owned a custom rifle, once you cross that line, I guarantee you will NEVER go back. Your next problem will be explaining the "new" cost of your hobby to the wife :D

If you would like more assurance, contact [email protected] and set up a phone conversation to go over the details of this set-up.

Best regards

OK, I'm drooling!

What does the outfit weigh?

About 8 1/2 lbs with no scope. It weighed 10 1/2 with the NF that was on it

the bib for your drool will add another 1/2lb :)

Lots of interest on this one, back to top, lets see if someone is ready to take her home...

The stock in the video is a different color than the one in the pic? is this the exact gun, or just another McWhorter? Thank you
Nimrod

Recent Posts