• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SOLD** Mark V SS/SYN 300wby

eddybo

I have a Mark V 300 wby that I do not use anymore, and it is taking up room in the safe.
Complete rifle, scope, rings, bases, dies (RCBS) and some brass(about 100 pieces) and some factory ammo (at least 2 boxes) $1650 shipped to your FFL.

The scope is a VX-L 16x20 with turrets added by the custom shop in Leupold low rings. The stock was pillar bedded by James Jones and the SSG brake was installed by 308Nate. Probably around 300 rounds down range. It is a hunting gun ,but is fairly scratch free and shoots okay for a factory rifle. I could never get it to shoot the bullet I wanted so I put it aside.

IMAGE_00029.jpg

Here is a pic of the v-port brake.

IMAGE_00028.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Mark V SS/SYN 300wby

Wll seperate and also interested in trades for gun parts.

For you I would go 450 for the rifle only.....but it isnt 338 Lapua capable unless you open the bolt face. You may cold get some of that back when you part it out.

Let me talk with my dad and see if he will spot me some money. I really appreciate the chance at this deal.

You seem to be a very respectful honest intelligent young man with a good head on your shoulders and I respect that a lot from someone your age.
I will set you up on a payment plan if you want. I really need to get rid of this gun....it takes up too much room in the safe and I am tired of moving it around.
I really should keep it the way it shoots the 180 ABs, but I wanted it to shoot the 208 Amax which it doesnt like. I shot a 1/2 MOA groups with it at 740 yards last time I had it out.
You could hunt with it a while as is before switching over to the lapua. Or you could just rebarrel it and build an edge when you get ready. I think you could load them longer and get more powder in the case. If you I will throw in the brass and dies. BTW I am not in a hurry for payment or anything I can hold it for you if you like.

If you feel better about it, PM me about dies and brass, and any bullets you might have. This could be my deer gun for the year, then be made to the Lapua or Edge.