• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED SOLD - Custom Savage 300 RUM - Christensen Arms Barrel

rpatowers

SOLD SOLD

I have for sale a custom Savage rifle in 300 Remington Ultra Mag with a Christensen Arms carbon fiber barrel for the firm price of $1000.

The rifle is based on a Savage model 116 action, which has been trued and timed by Fred Moreo at Sharp Shooter Supply. It is a center feed action with a "control round feed" bolt face. The action has a Rifle Basix Sav-1 trigger, a factory BT style (large) bolt handle, and Burris two-piece dual dovetail bases and 1" Signature rings with inserts. It has been hand polished and has a Sharp Shooter Supply recoil lug. The action has a large shank.

This rifle has a Christensen Arms carbon fiber barrel. The barrel is based on a Shilen stainless match barrel that has been turned down and wrapped in carbon fiber. This makes for a very stiff but light barrel that sheds heat quickly. The barrel has a titanium muzzle break and a cap to protect the threads when the muzzle break is removed. The muzzle break is very effective and the rifle recoils about like my .270 Winchester. The barrel is 26" long, not including the muzzle break. I have shot about 150 rounds through the barrel. The barrel was installed without a Savage barrel nut.

The stock is a McMillan "Savage Varmint" model. It has been properly pillar bedded with Devcon steel epoxy. It has custom bottom metal, adapted from a Winchester Model 70 floor plate and trigger guard, which allows the rifle to be unloaded via the bottom of the magazine. The color of the stock is what McMillan calls "black/grey flame," which means it is grey at the tip of the forearm, marble black/grey in the middle, and black at the end of the butt.

Although I haven't weighed this rifle on a scale, it is very light and easy to carry in the hills. The rifle has only been used at the range and is in excellent condition.

This rifle would cost over $4000 if purchased new from Christensen Arms. Why am I asking only $1000 for it? The rifle has not met my accuracy requirements. I built this rifle for long range hunting and my goal was for it to shoot consistently under .5 MOA. I have not been able to achieve that level of accuracy. The rifle has shot many loads under 1 MOA, but many groups were in excess of that. It would be a nice, light rifle for a hunter shooting big game at more traditional distances. At this point I want to move on to a new project, so I am selling the rifle and have priced it as if I was selling only the action and the stock.

I and including a full-length die and a bullet seating die with the rifle. Buyer will pay shipping to your FFL holder. I usually ship via USPS. Insurance will be the responsibility of the buyer. I prefer payment via certified check, money order, or PayPal. If PayPal is used the buyer will pay all PayPal fees.

Savfull.jpg

Savsideclose.jpg

savbottomclosed.jpg

savbottomopen.jpg

Savbreak.jpg

Last edited:
Re: FS - Custom Savage 300 RUM

If the action is a large shank and you wouldn't mind splitting it up I'd be a buyer on it.

Thanks,
Nathan

Re: FS - Custom Savage 300 RUM

Sorry just read where it says large shank, so if you decide to seperate I'd be a buyer on the action.

My apologies for not reading far enough.

Nathan

Re: FS - Custom Savage 300 RUM - Christensen Arms Barrel

What kind of accuracy were you getting out of it?