Soft touch stocks and accuracy??

cervus

Have a new sako with a soft touch stock. Despite trying several different load combinations do not seem to be able to get repeatable accuracy over a benchrest. Are using a caldwell front tripod and caldwell rear rabbit ears rest.

Been wondering if the material used for the soft touch stock is gripping the leather of my tripod and rear rest and is the cause of my poor accuracy. Anyone have any thoughts on this or encounter this problem at all?? What could I use to allow stock to move more freely??

I do not think your problem with inconsistent accuracy is with your stock griping the leather on your rest however if you think thats the problem you could fix that with putting paper over the leather.

There are a number of things that could be causing this besides the ammo your using.
I think it might help the rest of the people on this forum to know a little bit more about the gun its self like the model of Sako you have twist rate ammo you are using barrel contour ect the more info you can provide the better.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.