Soft case for loooong rifles

Varmint Hunter

Recently I read a post which put me on to acecase.com for a look at soft cases for long barreled rifles. I ordered a 53 inch "sniper" case for one of my heavy varmint rigs which is transported in the back of my SUV or the trunk of my Honda. My hard cases are too big and unnecessary for the light protection that I often need for my rifles. The case arrived today and here is how it looks:

I put a rifle in the case that has a 29.5" Lilja barrel plus a Vais brake. Total rifle length is about 51.5". The rifle easily fit into the case and has about an inch to spare at each end.

It is a basic padded case with 1" foam on each side. 2" wide nylon handles wrap completely around the case to support a heavy rifle. The case is very tall and will accomodate any scope and a large bi-pod too.

Basically a medium duty case that will accomodate a rather long rifle for $49.00. Not bad.

My only complaint would be the zipper, which has small teeth. I have had problems before with soft cases that have zippers like this when used with heavy rifles, particularely when the bi-pod is left on the cased rifle.

The only soft case that I've seen with large teeth was made by Koplin and sold by missouthshooterssupply.com, however, it will not fit rifles with barrels much over 26".

All in all, if you are looking for a medium protection case to fit a long barreled rifle, this case will do the job.

Forgot to mention

The case also has a large internal padded flap that provides extra protection for the scope. It completely covers a Nightforce 12x42x56 and is removable if you don't want to use it.

That sounds exactly what I am looking for!!! Thanks a million. I guess I need to call and order two of those things.

B.J.

Here is the page ace sniper case , scroll down a few cases. The case comes in several lengths including 53".

One other thing; I made a mistake on the price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It looks like it only cost $40.95 plus S+H not $49.00.

I believe it invoiced at $51 with S+H.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.