So you think you need high BC and magnificantion for long range shooting....

If there is little wind and mirage, I am estatic if I hold them under 1 moa at that distance and that's with a 11 lb rifle sporting a 22 power scope............Nice shooting Kirby

bettering 1 moa at +1000 yards is good shooting in anyones book, especially from field shooting conditions!!!

Excellent vid. Awesome looking rifle!!
I need to check out your site as I'm unfamiliar with the cartridge. But obviously that is a very sweet shooting rifle. I could have used it a couple times for problem brown bears in 02-04 . They were too smart and tho I didn't get chewed while working they sure did make things more dicey. My 458 Win Mag is awesome to perhaps 200 yards but these bears seemed to know that and would hang out in plain sight at 500 yards but vanish until I was in the thick brush. Then they would shadow me all day. .
My cut off on range for brown bear is 4,000 ft lb with a 375 bullet or bigger.
In 05 I made the longest shot on game that I ever taken.
It was around 500 yards on a forked horn Sitka Blacktail. My rifle was a 1999 Montana that I reballeled with a Montana stainless 24" stainless barrel shooting the Federal High Energy 300 gr TBBC which chronographed
2700 fps from that rifle. It weighed about 9.5 lbs in the Ramline stock with the Leaupold fixed 3x scope. My rest was the seat on my 4 wheeler.

That's the reason I clicked on this thread. I've really enjoyed it. I'll check out your web site. Thanks.

A little off topic but

Kirby, have you thought about making a 375 Raptor?

Yes and it would be a stud. My only question will be how the brass supply is going to be on the first two Raptors first. That is a variable that needs to be proven first before I start a 375 Raptor project.

In all honesty, with this case capacity, I think the 375 could be AT LEAST as good as the 338 Raptor.

Time will tell.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.