Sniper Manual

Christian F.

Hi there,

Up until now I shot max. distances of 300 m.
I was always impressed by the technique used by the professional snipers but did not really preoccupied myself with it.
Now the time has come and I would like to learn from the professionals, at least from their techniques.
Recently I found in Internet a US Army Sniper Training Field Manual (No 23-10 from 17. August 1994) which I found quit interesting. Are there any "more recent" manuals out there, which I can have, access to?
Thanks, Christian

That will be one of the most recent ones that you'll be able to find. With field manuals is that the techniques will be the same for cover and consealment, shooting, marksmanship, and equipment. They will just update it a little bit depending on where we are fighting the current wars.

You should also cheak out Sniper's Hide and http://www.snipersparadise.com, they might have some more information for you on what your looking for.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts