Since I cannot send Len a personal message...

Holycity73

Mr. Backus,
I recently made the decision to leave several other forums I am a member of. I have gotten to the point where I cannot take the constant arguing over politics, religion, society or anything else that has nothing to do with the shooting sports. I want to say thank you for providing a forum where decency is not only expected of grown adults, but enforced by other grown adults. I wanted to say thank you for being a standup individual and backing up your rules through actions. I have never felt insulted, threatened or marginalized on your forum. It is literally my happy place within the shooting sports. Even the arguments here are civil compared to the rest of what's out there. And let's be honest, most of those arguments are about pet calibers or favorite gear.

since I'm going to keep this brief, I will simply stress "thank you."

Jason Eisenberg

"When one cannot use their core values for good, but only to justify indecency and trespasses against his fellow Man, they are not just values... They are flaws."- Jason R. Eisenberg addressing SC legislature May 2005

This one, and AS, are the only two I frequent that are "national." We have a very well-run state forum for the hunters in Georgia that I've been active on for over a decade.
Our state forum is a breeding ground for conspiracy theories and extremism. I spent a brief period as a member and just never went back. It's Facebook craziness x 100. And FTR, I'm not allowed on fb, per my wife. Apparently I get upset.
I miss civility.

Mr. Backus,
I recently made the decision to leave several other forums I am a member of. I have gotten to the point where I cannot take the constant arguing over politics, religion, society or anything else that has nothing to do with the shooting sports. I want to say thank you for providing a forum where decency is not only expected of grown adults, but enforced by other grown adults. I wanted to say thank you for being a standup individual and backing up your rules through actions. I have never felt insulted, threatened or marginalized on your forum. It is literally my happy place within the shooting sports. Even the arguments here are civil compared to the rest of what's out there. And let's be honest, most of those arguments are about pet calibers or favorite gear.

since I'm going to keep this brief, I will simply stress "thank you."

Jason Eisenberg

"When one cannot use their core values for good, but only to justify indecency and trespasses against his fellow Man, they are not just values... They are flaws."- Jason R. Eisenberg addressing SC legislature May 2005

I will wholeheartedly second this, and also extend my thanks to the rest of the team running this forum. This is the only forum that I have joined as a member. In the rare cases that I can't find information on this forum, some more knowledgeable member has probably linked to a good thread (i.e., of the same quality as those on this forum) on a different forum, which saves me from reading through a lot of junk and animosity. This is also a forum where people were actively checking in on me when I was recovering from a concussion and car accident, which is something that I don't think I have seen anywhere else.

Keep up the good work, and thanks again to the whole team making this all possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.