Sightron SIII or Vortex viper PST

I have a Vortex PST and a Sightron III. Both are SFP. Love them both. Use the PST for hunting and the Sightron for target.

But... I would be carefull with the Sightron in FFP. They do not have a very heavy reticle. Sightron appears to use the same reticle for SFP and FFP and can become invisible quickly at lower power. If you purchase the Sightron, just may sure you can return it no questions asked if you don't like it. Check the Youtube vid below showing the Sightron FFP reticle.

[ame]https://youtu.be/-4Avq4t8jaE[/ame]

But... I would be carefull with the Sightron in FFP. They do not have a very heavy reticle. Sightron appears to use the same reticle for SFP and FFP and can become invisible quickly at lower power......

Thanks Man !
That is a very good point I didn't think of ! lightbulb

Being used to the PST, which has a thick reticle but still quite thin (but still usable) at lower mags..., I think the Sightron would not have too much use for my type of hunting, when I need to switch the power down....:D
Especially because it is not illuminated either...

At the moment I am looking at more options...

BJ

I hope you like sending your scopes for warranty work because if you get the Vortex that's what you will be doing.

I hope you like sending your scopes for warranty work because if you get the Vortex that's what you will be doing.
Never had to send any of the six I have in for repairs. Thousands of rounds between them not one problem. The only time I have used there customer service is when I lost a turret cap. I didn't get it tight after zeroing, they sent me two free of charge. As mentioned earlier the Bushnell elite 6500 scopes are very clear and sharp.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.