Sightron sIII 6-24x50 sfp questions

Bigeclipse

There's a sale going on for this scope in Mil dot form for 425$.
1. Is this a good scope?
2. Is this a good deal?
3. Appears the turrets are in MOA...which I'm used to but is that bad that the reticle is mil dot?
4. Is 6x tolerable at 75 yard shots on deer from a tree stand or is it just way too much? I typically hunt with my 3-9s and 4.5-16s on 4.5 or so and it seems to be ok even at 50 yards. I never shoot at running deer so that is not a concern of me. Thanks!

I have that model, but moa, FFP. About 5-6 years of use and it still tracks 100% with good glass. Only cons are the 2moa hash marks and no zero stop.

To be honest I dont know why manufacturers put out scopes with Mil dot reticles & Moa turrets, its a stupid concept if you ask me!
Especially if done on a long range platform

It means you will be having to make conversions on the fly OR have a conversion dope card ready.

Have a look at this youtube to understand what I am talking about.

Good scopes I have 3 the only problem I have had is when extremely cold side focus is hard to move good price and 6Power is fine from tree stand as far as mil reticle you can just dial your dope up MOA they track great

I don't have any of the mil dot ones but you cant beat the glass in the price range. You defiantly will not beat the glass in the sale price range. As stated Tracking is good. No zero stop but you can make a zero stop out of a piece of PVC pipe.

Had mine for a few years on different platforms. The glass is awesome. The dial ups and return to zero is solid.

As far as Sightron goes, they have a strong following in F Class so that means good glass and reliable construction. As far as features it has to do with your application. If you want to rangefind or measure misses with mil dot reticle, MOA turrets make it more confusing, but I've done MOA for so long I prefer my turrets that way if not using a reticle like a Horus where it's all calculated by program. As far as 6x minimum I think again a personal preference issue. I know guys that can shoot their 3-9 on 3x at really short distance but I went the opposite way on deer rifle scopes. Missed some nice deer slow walking close in because I couldn't see where I was holding. Not sure how much it helps, for sure a good price on a good scope.

Sightron will replace the reticle for $100 last time I checked. I have 3 siii and 1 big sky. Great scopes for the money. Good review on them on sh bigjimfish

Glass is good, turrets are good, good scopes. Not a fan of mil dot period and def not Moa and mil combo but most dial elevation hold wind anyway. For the hold just know that the conversion is 3.4 to 1 or just learn mil wind hold. For the price it's a good scope. I have several sightrons and all have been great.

Sightrons are great scope but for heavy rectilinear guns the reticle does move. Not much but it is a pain. Now for low recoil they are fantastic.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.