Sightron scopes

Gater

Has anyone had trouble with the parallax knob being hard to turn ? I called Sightron they are blaming the rings. I have Warren rings the screws are two across the top and two across the bottom. When I removed the scope to send it in there's not a mark on the scope from the rings.

I have two Sightron SIII scopes, Both have parallax knobs that are very hard to turn. I believe they come that way. I live with it because the glass and tracking are great given the entry price.

I've got 4 SIII scopes,the parallax knobs are a little stiff,but not hard at all to turn. I had to send in an old SII a few years ago,the vertical turret stem came loose after many years of hard use. The pretty much refurbished the entire scope for me free of charge,and did it quickly.
Sightron's CS is first rate,IMO.

I've got 4 SIII scopes,the parallax knobs are a little stiff,but not hard at all to turn. I had to send in an old SII a few years ago,the vertical turret stem came loose after many years of hard use. The pretty much refurbished the entire scope for me free of charge,and did it quickly.
Sightron's CS is first rate,IMO.
Lucky you..
I had the elevation turret break internally on an S3 a few years ago, sent it back for repair and was charged to fix it!
They said it was damaged from abuse.
They freaking suck, worst Customer service I've experienced in the shooting industry.

Lucky you..
I had the elevation turret break internally on an S3 a few years ago, sent it back for repair and was charged to fix it!
They said it was damaged from abuse.
They freaking suck, worst Customer service I've experienced in the shooting industry.
Thanks for the in put guys I sent the scope in. I just find it hard to believe that the rings would cause the parallax knob to be that hard to turn. I went on Sightrons wed sight now they are selling a wheel that goes on that knob to make it easier to turn just have to waste and see what they come up with thanks again

This is a common issue with Sightron and I've had one that you needed a pipe wrench to turn. Call them, get an RMA and send it back. They'll fix it.

This is a common issue with Sightron and I've had one that you needed a pipe wrench to turn. Call them, get an RMA and send it back. They'll fix it.
They said they would fix it. But they are blaming it on the scope rings I just don't think that's the problem but if it is I wont put the same rings back on but how do you know if it is or isn't ?

They said they would fix it. But they are blaming it on the scope rings I just don't think that's the problem but if it is I wont put the same rings back on but how do you know if it is or isn't ?
I use Burris rings with the inserts. No knock on your installation but I've experienced removing some scope rings where the installer must have used a 1/2" drive ratchet wrench. Some get crazy with those tiny screws.

I use Burris rings with the inserts. No knock on your installation but I've experienced removing some scope rings where the installer must have used a 1/2" drive ratchet wrench. Some get crazy with those tiny screws.
I know what ya mean but there wasn't a mark on the scope where the rings were

I've had a new S5 with the dual parallax and just sent back for the 3rd time Thursday.. I only use Nightforce 6 hole rings which they recommend to torque to 25 inch pound, and also was told I'm torquing too tight. Last two times the scope went totally blurry, they were torqued to their 18 -20 at most inch pound..

I've had a new S5 with the dual parallax and just sent back for the 3rd time Thursday.. I only use Nightforce 6 hole rings which they recommend to torque to 25 inch pound, and also was told I'm torquing too tight. Last two times the scope went totally blurry, they were torqued to their 18 -20 at most inch pound..
These where torqued to about 16 inlb

I have had Sightrons for years they all are hard to rotate at first. What I have learned is if you rotate it back and forth about 10 times it goes away. One of our scope is like this every time I brake it out at the range i just rotate a few times and it is good for least the whole range session.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.