Sig kilo way off

buzzyb

I got my profile synced in my kilo 2400 abs with 100yd zero. Went to 400yds sig said 4.75 moa up, shot couldn't hit target figured out I had to be 7moa to hit target. Before I set my zero I was shooting 1 1/2 groups at 400yds. Any idea why the sig is so far off. My magneto speed says 3018 FPS ave. Iam stumped.
thanks

I ranged the 400yds with the kilo. I was shooting at 400yds shooting 11/2 inch groups I went to 100yds to set zero and I turned the scope down 3 moa and was about an inch off of zero. I set, zero stop and went to 400 and sig said up 4.75 moa so I did and couldn't hit the target till I went up 7 moa

I would ask if you are confident that the scope itself is true in click value, tracking & repeatability but honestly it's hard for me to believe that even a scope that's got some issues would be that much off. Most all of my cartridges from 6.5 creedmoor to 7mm stw end up around 7 moa give or take just a little for 500 yards. Hmm... I'm stumped.

Ya the scope tracks great this started when I set the zero stop on my scope I set it just like the manual said
i don't have a clue.

Ya the scope tracks great this started when I set the zero stop on my scope I set it just like the manual said
i don't have a clue.
So at 100 yards with your turret on zero and hitting dead center bullseye @ 100 it takes 7 moa to get it on target @ 400. I'm wondering if something in the turret & movements was loose or such and the zero stop may have pulled the slack out of it. I'm just guessing.

Screen shot from the app your data for that gun profile. Did you pull it from the AB library?
Also what cartridge is this?

Yes I pulled it from the library it is a 300 win mag

Attachments

• FECC47AB-BF4E-4380-BDD8-6A0830CF1A56.jpeg
    FECC47AB-BF4E-4380-BDD8-6A0830CF1A56.jpeg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 195
Yes I pulled it from the library it is a 300 win mag

Thanks. You should be around 5 moa for 400 but your 500y is around 7 moa for your load. I will assume that you ranged the correct target...

Your MV would have to be around 2650 to get a around 7 moa at 400 which seems pretty normal to me for a 215 hybrid loaded conservatively. Rechrono again to be sure.

If it's none of these then likely it's a scope problem.

I ranged the 400yds with the kilo. I was shooting at 400yds shooting 11/2 inch groups I went to 100yds to set zero and I turned the scope down 3 moa and was about an inch off of zero. I set, zero stop and went to 400 and sig said up 4.75 moa so I did and couldn't hit the target till I went up 7 moa
Something isn't adding up. So the scope was zeroed at 100, you adjusted 3 moa up and hit a 1.5" group center of the 400 yard target, adjusted back down 3 moa to what was supposed to be your original 100 yard zero to which it was off 1", so you re-zeroed at 100 and then instead of the 4.75 moa the sig said you needed it really took 7?
For starters it takes your load more than 3 moa to get to 400 yards with a 100 yard zero, that's what it takes to hit at 300. Won't happen even if you were shooting on Mt Everest. Your app even told you that with the 4.75 (not being rude, just stating the facts). Secondly, I believe the issue (from the statement I quoted above) to be with the scope, either it has some issues or it is operator error (like accidentally making adjustments when the turret is supposedly disengaged re-zeroing or setting zero stop). What scope is it? Change to another scope if you have one available and see if the problem goes away. This is one reason I check my scopes with a tall target test at 100 for adjustments before I mount them on the rifle, then go through the same process after mounted (actually shooting). What state are you from. If near me maybe I can give some assistance.

Before I set the zero stop I was shooting 400yds . I went to 100 yds and before I shot I turned the scope down 3 moa . Went I shot at 100yds I was 1moa high. I adjusted scope to hit dead center, set zero stop and went to 400yds kilo said 4.75 moa up dialed up 4.75 moa and could not hit target till I was at 7moa. Scope is Nightforce atacr 5x25x56. From michigan

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.