Sig 1800 bdx Vs vortex ranger 1800

Bigeclipse

ok so I am a medium range shooter (500 yard max) and even less for hunting (400 yard max). My rangefinder died after 2.5 years use and is out of warranty which stinks but it's not a great one anyway. My price range is about 300-400$ and these two rangefinders are in that range. I can get the vortex ranger 1800 for 300$ and the sig kilo 1800 bdx for 350$. The vortex has a lifetime warranty which is great. The last rangefinder has left a sour taste in my mouth dying 5 months out of warranty (yes I tried calling manufacturer and they wouldn't budge). Seems the sig is overall a better rig but only 5 year warranty. I rifle hunt and bow hunt so I do need angle compensation. Anti fog and water proof are a definite plus. It seems while the vortex is not thought of as good as the sig, for my needs it would be fine and the warranty is pretty comforting. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

I have an older Sig rangefinder and I love it. I've used the older vortex of a friend's before I got the Sig and wasn't sold. The Sig has cleaned glass and is extremely fast. I imagine in 5 years when the warrantee goes out on the Sig that it'll be time for an upgrade anyhow! 5 years is an eternity for technology.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.