Best scope out from 100-1900yds. $1500-1800

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by James Kiser, Apr 22, 2012.

1. James Kiser

James Kiser Well-Known Member

I have a custom built 7mm STW. I originally had a lower powered Zeiss conquest 3-9x50mm. It just wasnt enough for me. Now i am in the market for a new scope. I like Leupold, Nightforce, U.S. Optics (if i can get a deal on one), and S&B. Which of these would yall suggest and what model? I do not want people saying dont waste your money on that get a vortex or sightron. I want input on these scopes. gun)

2. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Any of them. See if you can find a Premier too. NF and Vortex Razor would be my picks. Maybe think about the G7 version of the NF.

3. James Kiser

I do like the premier scopes too. It's btwn us, nf, or premier. Which one though? $2500 is my limit.

4. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

There is a NF scope for sale on the optics forum. 5.5-20x50 npr1 with high speed turrets and zero stop. Prett darn good deal for a awesome scope. Get with shortmag3. It's $1675 and that is around a $1900 to 2K scope.

5. liltank

With that budget, definitely Premier or US Optics. Either one will be very rugged and dependable.

6. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

I would consider the Nightforce G7 5.5x22. Broad power range, nice Reticle, rugged, and reliable. I just got one and really like it. Also own and like the Huskemaw 5x 20.

7. Subnormal

Subnormal Member

Nightforce would be my choice.

8. James Kiser

I plan on using the scope for long range hunting. I want something good in low light and something and something that will allow me to reach out and touch the target out to 1 mile.

9. liltank

USO and Premier will fill both those requirements. I would take these over Night Force any day. There are a lot NF guys on this sight, but if you watch the History Channel and Military Channel, most snipers are carrying the Premier, USO, or S&B.

10. James Kiser

Which model USO should I get?

11. liltank

That's up to you. The minimum for me would be there 17x offering. If you can afford to go to the 22x that is the direction I would go. This one and add the options you want.
    U.S. OPTICS - SN-3 3.2-17x TPAL

12. James Kiser

You think it will be good out to 1 mile? Or do I need something more than the 17x? It says 1500yds+.

13. liltank

Use a 20MOA or 30MOA base. That will give you all the turns you need. That STW will have enough horsepower and flat enough trajectory with the right bullet without any issue. Also pick a reticule that will help you get the extra yardage if you need it. That's the nice thing about USO, you can customize. Get some advise by one of their techs. 17x will allow you to see a human size target w/o any issues.