Show us your TAC 15 crossbow kills

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I have been wanting to start this thread for a while. Here are some pix from Ranger Chuck to get us started.
Len

I wanted to thank you for the service and advice you have provided on my TAC15i. I've read some of the problems other say they are having on the forum, but I can honestly say I took my TAC15i out of the box, installed the scope and had it shoot perfect holes through paper. I was also fortunate to have my first shot nearly hit the bullseye without having to make any scope adjustments.

Attached are a couple of nice bucks that I've killed with my TAC15i. I'm shooting the Grim Reapor Crossbow mechanical heads. They work great and leave a tremendous blood trail. I also attached a picture of the massive cut the mechanicals are punching through the deer. All of my shots have passed through the deer and stuck several inches in the ground. The TAC15i is an impressive and quiet crossbow.

Thanks again,
Chuck

Attachments

• tac15-2011-10ptr.jpg
    tac15-2011-10ptr.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 199
  • tackill-039.jpg
    tackill-039.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 176
From Greg K.
Complete pass through at 35 yds. Thought I missed it because I heard arrow hit the ground and saw the lighted noc before the deer could make move. Thank you, Greg K

Attachments

• IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 174
From JoeThePlumber

Nice going, looks pretty big.

Attachments

• joe-100_0018.jpeg
    joe-100_0018.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 171
The picture is of a 10 point buck I dropped with my TAC-15. The second deer I ever shot. 86 yards away and straight through the heart.
Got him aboard Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany here in SW Georgia. As a neophyte hunter, I am very grateful to PSE and to Len for making available this crossbow. This is my first season hunting. Couldn't be happier with the results and with the technology I leveraged to get them. Didn't need a blood trail on any of the three deer I shot. The two does dropped in place. The buck ran about 30 yards and fell over.
Upon seeing a picture of this buck, someone asked me if I used a bow or a rifle. I replied, "a little of both."
Semper Fidelis.
Matt

Attachments

• ten point.jpg
    ten point.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 168
This one is from Mike B.

This one is from Mike B.
------------------------------
Hi Len

Just a quick note to let you know how my season went :

The Best Ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tagged out with my PSE tac15, with a 10 point 140.5 " monster in Oct in Troup County Ga, and 2 days ago shot the biggest "8" point I have ever seen in Georgia.

The deer has a 21 3/8 spread , he had a pair of 14 inch g2's which he recently busted off and 11 inch g3's ,when fixed he should measure right at or near 140 inches .He was taken at 39 yards…….

Deer number one made it 70 feet shot at 48 yards and deer number 2 was shot between shoulders through chest out sternum and dropped on the spot!

280 inches of deer in one season with my new bow……………………….

Thanks Len!

Attachments

• deer-2.jpg
    deer-2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 162
  • deer-1.jpg
    deer-1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 161
411 bull by 11 year old TAC 15 user.

Tony sent this in about his son's bull.

============================
This is Wade (my son),he is 12 and killed this 411 bull with his Tac 15i this fall in steamboat CO at 35 yards. It was a double lung complete pass trough, with a rage titanium broad head. We were not impressed with the broad head as one side of the blades was completely torn off BEFORE exiting! and the other side was wrapped around the titanium body. The entrance cut was nice and wide but the exit cut about the size of the arrow shaft. We will be switching to Phat Heads. The bull ran about 50 yards and that was it, great crossbow poor broad heads.

Attachments

• 411-bull.png
    411-bull.png
    476.2 KB · Views: 191
Hello Len,

I wanted to share another TAC15i harvest picture. You probably see lots of big game pictures, so I thought I'd share the attached turkey kill.

Shortly after sunrise a large flock of turkeys landed 75 yards in a winter wheat field. Luckily the birds fed in my direction. I picked out what appeared to be the largest tom with the thickest beard. The Grim Reaper mechanical broadhead did an ethical job of dropping the bird in it's tracks when he walked within 30 yards of my ground blind. Thanks again for your friendly service, product selection and quick delivery.

Chuck (Ranger Chuck or Ranger488 on your forum)
TAC15i-Turkey.jpg

A pair of deer management does with the Tac15.
two_does_092912.jpg

First buck with the Tac15.
buck_Sept19_2012.jpg

First day management-hunting with the Tac15.
I shot the three big ones on the right in the first hour of opening day.
DSC_0889.jpg

here are some pics of my trophies with tac 15

Attachments

• DSC00015.jpg
    DSC00015.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 100_0684.jpg
    100_0684.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 168
DSCN0109.jpg
Hi guys, I was blessed to take this nice doe antelope at our annual Gillette Wy hunt this year, sponsered by Phisically Challenged Bowhunters of America. I used the phathead as recommended by Len, worked great, 40 yrd shot, goat went about 30 yrds.
I just started using xbow this year, had only hunted with compounds previously. I did a lot of research before deciding on the tac 15. I absolutely love it, and Lord willing, I will be able to take a lot more game now!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.