Show off your rig thread

Dave makes some really cool stuff for sure & from what I hear the MR30-PG is really sweet. IIRC, if you look in Sierra 5th edition, Dave's son Chris is in the 300RUM section for joining the 1 mile club at 12 or 13... with Dave's rifle.

Here is one of my designated Mini 14 coyote rifle. Some say a Mini 14 want shoot, after a few modification mine does. It is not as cool and want shoot as good as an AR-15 but I like it better than and AR. good enought for coyotes and a few crows. Don't have much money in it either.
101_2519.jpg

188target6-30-10.jpg

200yard80A-max188mini.jpg

Thought i would add something different. First one is a smokless Muzzleloader built on a Savage action.

21a8a05d.jpg

Here is a group with it at 300 yards. 200g Hornady SST bullet going 2760fps
8e1d33be.jpg

Nothing done to this one but put a new stock on it and it shoots MOA and better out to 1000yards. It is a Savage 300 WSM
5ae97cf3.jpg

7WSM built on savage large shank short action. Krieger 9 twist #5.5 fluted

6BRX Striker. Rear grip conversion barrel just under 16" plus mini muscle brake

need some new pictures. post when I can

Last edited:
Here is my Kevin Rayhill built 6mm Norma BR. with his Prairie Dog Special / Tactical stock. A Brux 1 in 8" twist 26" barrel with a Savage Target Duel Port action with the Target Accu Trigger. The scope is a Vortex Viper 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope with a custom turret. I also painted it myself.

The two targets numbered #1 are 5 shots at 200 yds. and the other one was at 100 yds. The 3/8" 5 shot 200 yd. group was after I got the jam into the rifling right.

That's a fawn that was born that morning. Their mama came and got both of them.

joseph

Attachments

• setup 2.jpg
    setup 2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 200 yd. zero.jpg
    200 yd. zero.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 200 yd group.png
    200 yd group.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 86
  • targets 100 & 200 yds. .JPG
    targets 100 & 200 yds. .JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 83
  • fawn 7.jpg
    fawn 7.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 67
Browning Long Range Tactical Hunter 300 RUM
As you can tell I am a Browning fan, this is my best attempt at a long range Browning A-bolt. Any and all comments and suggestions are appreciated.
Rifle Specs.
Browning A-bolt SS 300 RUM
PAC-NOR 28" super match grade #7 contour 1-9 twist
Mcmillan A5 marble 13.5 LOP
Bolt handle threaded and Brownells tactical bolt knob
EGW 20 MOA picatinny base
timney trigger spring 2 pound pull
Nightforce 3.5-15 NXS NPR2

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrToddst?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/0BZFiXn_90w
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger

Browning Long Range Tactical Hunter 300 RUM
As you can tell I am a Browning fan, this is my best attempt at a long range Browning A-bolt. Any and all comments and suggestions are appreciated.
Rifle Specs.
Browning A-bolt SS 300 RUM
PAC-NOR 28" super match grade #7 contour 1-9 twist
Mcmillan A5 marble 13.5 LOP
Bolt handle threaded and Brownells tactical bolt knob
EGW 20 MOA picatinny base
timney trigger spring 2 pound pull
Nightforce 3.5-15 NXS NPR2

MrToddst's Channel - YouTube
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger

Beautiful Browning and nice video! I hate to break it to you though, but your EGW base is backwards. The cant should angle down towards the muzzle. The way you have it set up, you are subtracting 20 MOA of adjustment from your scope.

Beautiful Browning! I hate to break it to you though, but your EGW is backwards. The cant should angle down towards the muzzle. The way you have it set up, you are subtracting 20 MOA of adjustment from your scope.

I know, I just threw it together to mock it up for pictures, at the time I still needed to headspace the rifle and wasn't paying that much attention. If you watch the video you will see it is correct. Thanks for the sharp eyes though.

I know, I just threw it together to mock it up for pictures, at the time I still needed to headspace the rifle and wasn't paying that much attention. If you watch the video you will see it is correct. Thanks for the sharp eyes though.

I thought it looked right in the video. Very nice rig. I really wish more guys would work on Brownings. I think it's a decent plaform to build from. Guys that have built off the A-bolt seem to really get good performance. I've had a couple A-bolts that shot really well with just a Timney spring and good reloads.

Good catch brentc with the 20 MOA rail being on backwards. Hope he didn't sight it in already. :rolleyes:

joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.