Show Me Some PROOF

SealT5

I need to see some positive feedback from Proof Carbon Fiber Barrel owners. A good friend of mine is having absolute hell with his second (replacement from proof) proof barrel in 6.5mm.

Please post pictures of groups and specs.

I dont have any pictures to post at the moment but I own 3 Proof CF barrels. One is a 28 Nosler 26 in Senderro 8.24 twist and the other two are .264 8 twist 26 inch barrels one senderro light in 6.5 GAP and one senderro in 6.5 Creedmoor. All three have broke in very easily and shoot .5 MOA or better with no issues what so ever. I will run these on every rifle I build in the future due to better heat dissipation aiding in longer barrel life and I hunt with all of my long range rifles so I like to keep the weight down.

Thanks, Al

I know a gunsmith near me that uses proof or carbon six on all his rifles, and constantly posts pics of the accuracy he is getting with them, and they seem to shoot excellent. I would say if he is having accuracy issues on his second proof barrel, he needs to look other places than the barrel.

Base screws contacting barrel tennon

Base/scope ring screws not properly torqued

Action screws contacting bolt head

Action screws not properly torqued

Scope issues

Action bedding contacting trigger housing or trigger pins

Barrel pressure

If it has a muzzle device, was it installed properly (try shooting without it on)

How competent is the gunsmith that assembled the rifle

Is good loading technique being used

Is proper shooting form being used

Have you tried shooting off bags vs bipod if it has only been shot off bipod

Just a few things to think about. Not saying any of these are the cause, just a checklist I myself go through when trouble shooting rifle accuracy. And you may have very well gone through and double checked all of these, but if I went through two premium (and proven) quality barrels and accuracy is still poor, while not impossible, I would HIGHLY doubt that a barrel is at fault.

I shot my buddies proof, 6.5 creedmoor, with a defiance action. It shot 5 shot groups with hornady ammo (unsure exact hornday type) into a quarter inch at 100 yards. Ive never had a rifle perform like that.

Thanks Al. Sounds like you have some nice rifles.

Cody appreciate all the advice. Beanland is the Smith. Completely competent. Hell Jon's personal rifle has a Proof and it shoots bugholes. I assure you he has and will rule out every single possible possibility. And yes. He is a competent shooter.

I think I'm going to try my luck and continue with a proof on my next 22 Dasher barrel. I've been really impressed with how cool his barrel is compared to mine as well as the way it balances out the rifle. Keep them coming

I think I'm going to try my luck and continue with a proof on my next 22 Dasher barrel. I've been really impressed with how cool his barrel is compared to mine as well as the way it balances out the rifle. Keep them coming

Are you feeling the outside of the barrel by hand or using a temp probe in the bore?

;) You'd think they were "the hand of God". :D

Wait they aren't?
Any way my 22" 6.5 proof has yet to shoot any groups bigger than .5"
Have used 147eld and hammer 124gr. Every hammer load I gave it shot well under .5" I'm super happy with them which sucks cause Ive never been a mono fan for one reason or another. Then I tried cutting edge liked them but man these hammers just shoot so well.

Attachments

• E45F55C5-B017-49A3-A898-1F23819FEAC8.jpeg
    E45F55C5-B017-49A3-A898-1F23819FEAC8.jpeg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 137
Now keep in mind that seeing no pressure yet and I honestly can't shoot better. I always thought people were magic that posted groups like that or it was the one group they got lucky on. But then I got this rifle and makes me look real good at the range. Suddenly I'm the guy everyone wants to ask about things.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.