Should I send it back?

Clubhunter

I have had the scope for about a year. Just started shooting it and I noticed that the red line on top of the turret does not line up with the zero line on the side of the turret. Also the gap where you center the line is off center as well as the white line on the scope tube. It seems to slant to the left. This wouldn't bother me that much if I were shooting short range stuff but I got the scope with the intent of shooting long range.
It's a Vortex PST 4-16x50 FFP.
What would you do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 107
Call them, they will probably just send you a new Turret top for it. If not, I'm sure they would replace it. They are know for good CS.

I couldn't live with that.

Vortex has superior customer service. I also could never live with that. Call them or email them and attach that picture. As mentioned, they will replace either the turret or scope....no questions asked.

I don't have lines on top of any of my turrets, can't even see the top of the turrets in position. Not worth returning anything, maybe call them to see if they would mail a straight one.

I emailed them this morning with pics and they are sending me a new elevation turret. Hopefully that will solve the problem. I still think the mark and opening where the zero is centered is a little off but we shall see when the new turret goes on.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/uploads/web_manual_rfl_viper-pst-13b.pdf

Question: Is the "radius bar" (the red line) supposed to be manually set to match the zero position? Looking at the manual, it comes off if you adjust zero stop and there's notes about it supposed to be lined up with the scope zero on the scale. So do you just undo a set screw and match them I guess is the easy question???

Also, from the advert and the manual, it would appear that it's only meant for you to be able to see full turns on the turret and isn't part of the precision measurement.

Just askin'. I don't have a Vortex myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.