Shorter barreled rifles and un-burnt powder

I would never go 260 over a creed. I have both. The creed does the same with less powder and is a solid design. I don't disagree with your choice on the smaller cartridge as it'll work better from a efficiency stand point. Since I have multiple 6.5-284 barrels sitting around I'll probably cut one to 16-17 and see what it runs for speed. IF it'll run 2700-2750 with a 140 that would be pretty decent and I would expect very similar performance from a PRC. The PRC has proven to be 100 fps faster then my 6.5-284's within perceived pressure but it's just a theory at this point.

You do realize the 260 is a 6.5 and there are factory loads for it?

I do know it is a 6.5 and that there are factory loads for it but there are waaayyy more options in 6.5 CM. Midway shows 24 options for .260 and 82 for 6.5 CM. I should have been more specific in explaining my reasoning.

When I said I wanted to stay in 6.5 I was referring to vs. the 7mm-08 I mentioned.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.