Shooting school/ Cow Elk hunt

Labaherd

I had an opportunity to go do a 3 day shooting school and cow elk hunt with Non-Typical Outfitters, I arrived in camp a few days after the LRH group had left. (and boy did you guys miss the snow) The 3 day consisted of learning to shoot in the steep high country of western Wyoming. I had 2 of their younger guides plus appearances from Robb Wylie. I think I shot in the neighborhood of 120 rounds at different targets and from different shooting positions. We would either shoot in the morning and hunt the afternoon or hunt the morning and shoot in the afternoon. Dylan and Nick were great guides and teachers. The morning of day 3 the weather finally broke and we headed out to where they thought the elk would be. Before we unloaded the horses we had spotted animals. We unloaded and headed up the trail. About 1 mile from the truck we found a group of cows and I was able to take one. 1 1/2 later we were back to the truck headed back to camp and more shooting. This was the first time Non-Typical had done this type of hunt. I am here to tell you it was great. I learned a lot about my rifle and scope and all the new shooting positions. So if any of you want to learn and also hunt this is a great way to do both. If any one has any question fell free to msg me or contact Non-Typical Outfitters and they and tell you all about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.