shooting in Maine

William,
Welcome to LR Hunting, hopefully the guys here will be able to suggest a place to shoot and to learn more about our sport. There may be some tactical training or LR courses out there, Dave King knows about all there is to know about that stuff on the east side of the continent.

Hello Ian,
Thanks for the welcome over here. How can I contact Dave King? I've spoken with Idaho Lad from the Kifaru site and I'm going to sell my CAS gear and get started on LR shooting. Thanks for the help. Hope to see you at one of the Kifaru rendezvous at some point.

William Clunie

That Dave King fella is around every once in a while! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to LRH Mr. Clunie, I have been thinking about who I knew up that way that I could hook you up with for some local info.

Give me a day or two.

I haven't had any luck, closest I can find folks I know is CT.

I did look around up your way, there's a big gas or power line right-of-way just south of town... any chance of shooting on that thing?? It looks pretty steep in most places but steep often means a good backstop too.

William,

I don't think there is anyone in CT. I looked on a map and I think if a guy let one go in CT you'd shoot clean across the state.

If you go to CT you best have a backstop on the Maine border.

Dave and SS,
Thanks for checking. I've got several locations where I can shoot. I was looking for someone in this area that is already shooting LR, that could help me learn a little faster than doing it by myself. I may just have to go solo on this one?

Thanks again,
William Clunie

William

From your first post I thought you were looking for a location more than a partner.

If you need a little coaching and such it's possible I could come up that way for a few days, I may be able to offer a little help.

Dave,
Very kind of you. Let me fill you in on what's taking place here. I'm selling a few Cowboy Action Shooting guns and setting myself up with a LR system.
When I'm ready to purchase, I'll check with you and a few others to make sure I do it right. Then if you can make it up here, EXCELLENT! Thanks for the kind offer.
I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again,

William Clunie

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.