Shooting range in Southeast?

Discussion in 'Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot' started by Mountainsheep, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Mountainsheep

Mountainsheep Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I've just gone through a relocation and I am now firmly planted here in South Carolina. Being new to the area and not knowing much about the area, I was wondering if anyone might know of a range (300 yds.+) in the vacinity.

I'm in the extreme Southwest corner of the state, on Lake Hartwell & the Georgia border.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. BigDaddy0381

BigDaddy0381 Well-Known Member

Mountainsheep,

I'm not to far from you just down 85 a bit.the only few places i have found in ga is a landing strip (1000 +) yards a freind lets me use.it is about 1 hour from hartwell.And i just ran across this place thats maybe 1 1/2 hours or so from Atl

http://www.gunsitehills.com/

I haven't been out to it yet but going within the next few weeks.

i also have a few more 100yard ranges pm if i can help with anything around here (ga)

big

3. BigDaddy0381

BigDaddy0381 Well-Known Member

4. drpbroun5

drpbroun5 Well-Known Member

The Gun Site Hills range is the longest one in Northeast Georgia that I know about. It is located a few miles east of Lexington Ga on US 78. The guys there are into long range shooting big time. Chief is super. I take it you are a sheep hunter. Where did you move from? Contact me for other info. Thanks.
    Paul

5. Ducktail

Ducktail New Member

Check out Mid Carolina Rifle Club, website (I believe) is Mid-Carolina Rifle Club

This is located in South Congaree just outside of Columbia. There are plenty of ranges and out 100& 200 yard range is currently enjoying a great makeover. There are a lot of shooting diciplines involved with this club.

To join, you must be present at one of our monthly meetings and then show up for a range safety briefing. Currently dues are $100/year but that is likely to increase tp $130. We need to pay for certain safety issues and normal range maintenance.

If you live over a certain number of miles from the range and I can't recall the number, the cost is cheaper.

6. flyfishn

flyfishn Well-Known Member

SC Shooting range Spartanburg area

State supported range outside of Lyman Thompsons I think. Get people happy to see you come and shoot.

SCDNR James O. Thomason Firing Range (Spartanburg County) From Pauline, take SC Hwy. 215 approximately ½ mile east toward Glenn Springs. Turn left on Foster Mill Road and drive 2.5 miles (paved road becomes gravel road). Range is on the left side of the road. Hours: Tuesday - Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm (EST) or as posted. Closed Sunday and Monday

7. john g duvall

john g duvall Well-Known Member

Yes there is and it is real close to home for you. Elbert County Gun Club in Elberton, Ga. 706 213-0098. Talk with Craig Smith(club manager) and he will fix you up. We have a 400 yard range,pistol range, archery range and the "shotgunners" dream clays. Just down the road we have our 1000 yard range at Graben Farms which will be a One Mile Range sometime in the near future. J.D.

8. tomtomnz

tomtomnz New Member

I'm moving to Greenville in October from New Zealand and would like to continue long range shooting, anyone know if the range posted is still open?

9. 7 loader

7 loader Well-Known Member

The greenville gun club I think has a 300yd range. Call 864-277-6154 they can tell you more.