Shooting Fast @ 1000 Yards

So pretty much if you can shoot 10 shots in 30 seconds you can be a world champion. And here i was thinking i need to learn to read wind, set up a rifle properly, numerous reloading techniques, thousands of dollars of equipment. If i would of just shot as fast as i can as soon as the target popped up all this time and money could have been saved. What a fool ive been! Well at least now i know!

Yep, that's all there is to it! We though you knew!? :rolleyes:

And so it begins,
Whiners will keep whining and coming up with excuses to discredit good shooters until they figure it out.

Why can't people just be happy for a guy who has dedicated decades of his life to shooting and reloading and finally reached his crowning achievement? Pure jealously and envy is all that is.....

Good things happen to good people my friend...perhaps that is why you are not the current world record holder?...

Yep, that's all there is to it! We though you knew!? :rolleyes:

And so it begins,
Whiners will keep whining and coming up with excuses to discredit good shooters until they figure it out.

Why can't people just be happy for a guy who has dedicated decades of his life to shooting and reloading and finally reached his crowning achievement? Pure jealously and envy is all that is.....

Good things happen to good people my friend...perhaps that is why you are not the current world record holder?...

Because uneducated shooters credit his achievements to his ability to shoot fast regardless of the numerous skills he spent decades perfecting!

Because uneducated shooters credit his achievements to his ability to shoot fast regardless of the numerous skills he spent decades perfecting!

Well you are more than welcome to go show them all how it's done sir.

Location is Missoula, Montana. Next shoot is the weekend of April 10th-11th. It is the Deep Creek range. I can put you in touch with them for more detailed directions as well.

They always welcome new shooters with open arms and are more than happy to share their knowledge. Probably some of the best guys you will ever meet.

You should really go and give it a try. All it takes is one time of these old fellas walking all over you in a relay and you'll come back with a 100% different attitude and new found respect for their skill set and ability. It's WAY easier said than done. Trust me.

Basically what I am saying is: TALK IS CHEAP! Consider this debate over until you can go back it up on paper...

Drilldog you got the numbers wrong. I shot 10 shots in 2.815 in heavy gun in 2010. The new record is in light gun and is 2.687 I think. Matt

Well you are more than welcome to go show them all how it's done sir.

Location is Missoula, Montana. Next shoot is the weekend of April 10th-11th. It is the Deep Creek range. I can put you in touch with them for more detailed directions as well.

They always welcome new shooters with open arms and are more than happy to share their knowledge. Probably some of the best guys you will ever meet.

You should really go and give it a try. All it takes is one time of these old fellas walking all over you in a relay and you'll come back with a 100% different attitude and new found respect for their skill set and ability. It's WAY easier said than done. Trust me.

Basically what I am saying is: TALK IS CHEAP! Consider this debate over until you can go back it up on paper...

What do you want me to say?
I credit their numerous other abilities besides shooting fast and its strongly opposed.
I say shooting fast is all you need to do to shoot world record groups and its strongly opposed.
What the hell do you need to hear to understand that shooting fast is nothing more than one particular weapon in an arsenal of skills developed over an extremely long career of shooting and reloading in order to shoot these extremely precise groups at 1k yds.
If you think this particular weapon is more valuable than all the other skills slowly developed over a shooters extensive experience, then i dont know what to tell you.

Look at my post
I never once said taking advantage of a current wind condition is a bad idea.
I never said anything more than shooting fast in and of itself will not yield better groups at 1k yds.

I dont know how else to say this!

Drilldog you got the numbers wrong. I shot 10 shots in 2.815 in heavy gun in 2010. The new record is in light gun and is 2.687 I think. Matt

So then you would be mr. kline?
Very glad to make your aquaintence sir. Ive never been a competetor as im simply
not of that mindset. Over my many years ive known lots of the old shooters there
and have hunted with quite a few of them. #1 hall of famer and i are good friends
and hunt together all the time. He was one of the taggers on the trio this year.
The round man and former record holder was also one of my early mentors. Earl was always too busy standing out near the roads posing for pictures to be of much help lol. Hubie Hakes and Brian stopped by the camp last summer and bought a set of highlanders i was selling for an old friends wife.
Bad news is another old timer you probably know bill miller is down here in Titusville in a nursing home. He and his old buddy lee aungst were also a big influence on my early long range hunting. Bill was the first shoot fast hunter i was
ever around. He brought that from williamsport.

So then you would be mr. kline?
Very glad to make your aquaintence sir. Ive never been a competetor as im simply
not of that mindset. Over my many years ive known lots of the old shooters there
and have hunted with quite a few of them. #1 hall of famer and i are good friends
and hunt together all the time. He was one of the taggers on the trio this year.
The round man and former record holder was also one of my early mentors. Earl was always too busy standing out near the roads posing for pictures to be of much help lol. Hubie Hakes and Brian stopped by the camp last summer and bought a set of highlanders i was selling for an old friends wife.
Bad news is another old timer you probably know bill miller is down here in Titusville in a nursing home. He and his old buddy lee aungst were also a big influence on my early long range hunting. Bill was the first shoot fast hunter i was
ever around. He brought that from williamsport.
YEP I am MR. Kline. Are you talking George? A lot of the early ones I do not know. I didn't start till 2001 and it came about by hunting groundhogs and deer. Then I went there a few times and watched. Then I bought a gun and started shooting. The first year I dabbled and learned. Then I had Rick build me an aluminum stocked heavy gun and a 16 1/2 pound gun. Hubie quit when the light guns went from 16 1/2 to 17 pounds. Did you see the pictures of my hunting rig farther down on this forum? MATT

Well thanks to Mr. Jim Richards new World Record set in Missoula, MT this weekend at the Williamsport 1K BR match,
if your guns won't shoot 10 shots under 2.6872" at 1K, they are no good! ;)

The bar has "OFFICIALLY" been raised!

And I'd bet a few dollars he shot all 10 shots under 30 seconds...

My guns are pretty good they set the heavy gun records and a lot of other ones. My heavy group was 2.815 for 10 shots. Matt

YEP I am MR. Kline. Are you talking George? A lot of the early ones I do not know. I didn't start till 2001 and it came about by hunting groundhogs and deer. Then I went there a few times and watched. Then I bought a gun and started shooting. The first year I dabbled and learned. Then I had Rick build me an aluminum stocked heavy gun and a 16 1/2 pound gun. Hubie quit when the light guns went from 16 1/2 to 17 pounds. Did you see the pictures of my hunting rig farther down on this forum? MATT

No i didnt but ill look for them. By rick im assuming picaretta? Predesessor of mark king? It seems eventually all those guys cant take it anymore lol. Yes i was referring to george. It seems lots of guys had strong opinions about the light guns.
There have always been and always will be arguments. Is that not how the whole thing got started? Lowell has a picture of the very first match. Shows al hoyer shooting with other guys including a couple founders watching. Im told theres also
a copy in the clubhouse? i never met hoyer, something ive always regretted.
i knew his rival quite well however and cherish owning and still using one of his actions.

No i didnt but ill look for them. By rick im assuming picaretta? Predesessor of mark king? It seems eventually all those guys cant take it anymore lol. Yes i was referring to george. It seems lots of guys had strong opinions about the light guns.
There have always been and always will be arguments. Is that not how the whole thing got started? Lowell has a picture of the very first match. Shows al hoyer shooting with other guys including a couple founders watching. Im told theres also
a copy in the clubhouse? i never met hoyer, something ive always regretted.
i knew his rival quite well however and cherish owning and still using one of his actions.
I am talking about Picarreta. Now Mark chambers my guns. Al Hoyer used to come down to my one uncles farms. They could shoot from one hill to another. That was back in the early 60's and I was just a little fellow. My family was really into hunting and shooting. Must of been where I got it from. I believe Chet Leach used to come there also. I remember my dad talking about him but I never met him. I also didn't know George. The going from 16 1/2 to 17 pounds in the light gun didn't change a thing. Most guns stayed almost the same as they were. Last year or two there was some stock design changes. My Dad and most of my uncles that really shot and hunted died before I started at Williamsport. They never got to see my records. I am really closing in on the all time points in the Hall of fame. I may have even done it last year. You should come up and visit the club sometime. There are probably still guys there that you would know. Matt

I see that the Yankees of Pennsylvania still do one thing that they've always done. CHEAP TALK , and more cheap talk.

Never did see a Yankee post his alleged shots , however I alaways get mean spiritied responses from Yankkes who can't shoot , just talk.

Again , My proof is on video not behind some blind website post.

DID ya ever notice that when a Yankee retires they all huddle down to Florida and talk crap !

I see that the Yankees of Pennsylvania still do one thing that they've always done. CHEAP TALK , and more cheap talk.

Never did see a Yankee post his alleged shots , however I alaways get mean spiritied responses from Yankkes who can't shoot , just talk.

DID ya ever notice that when a Yankee retires they all huddle down to Florida and talk crap !

Well at least I can read and nowhere in this thread does it say anything about a fast shooting 6.5. I guess they didn't teach reading in the south. I am not from or going to Florida, I am from Pa. I know hundreds of people know me and the groups I shoot. I have shot hundreds of 10 shot groups under 5 inches. I also won the IBS 1000 yard Nationals 3 times. You just need to go back and read again before you shoot off. Ps. If you google (Matt Kline shoots) you will find a link to an article about my record group and pictures just in case you need Proof. Matt

Oh yes, how did you know us Yankees just talk crap and can't shoot. that's why I only go to certain matches because if I went elsewhere I wouldn't be able to hang with the real shooters.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.