Shooting across a slope

Brambles

So I'm in the final stages of collecting data and setting up my shooter app.

338 edge shooting 300 OTM tac at 2716 fps

Went shooting this evening. Shot 500, 650 and 931 yards
Shooting across the slope I was on, downdraft coming down the slope

500 was approx 1" high dialed 8.75 MOA
650 was .25 MOA low dialed 13 MOA
931 was between .75 and 1 MOA low. Dialed 22 MOA

I'm using a .97 correction factor on my scope
G7 bc of .419

I can't seem to make sense of the 650 and more so, the 931 drop.

I'm wondering if because I was shooting across the slope and there was a 2.5-4 mph crosswind/ downdraft. The wind would have been hitting the bullet at the 8 or 9 O'clock position of the bullet. Essentially pushing the bullet down and away?...

Does this sound likely?
Anyone experience similar conditions and results?
How do you compensate for it?

Thanks for any help..

Last edited:
Also where you shooting north and south or east and west. your drops can be effected by shooting east or west. I believe when shooting west you shot will be low and when shooting east it will be high due to the earths rotation. just a thought. The down draft would be interesting to hear from other...does a down draft or an up draft create as much effect on a bullet as wind pushing against the bullet from 1 side or the other. I assume there has to be some type of effect. Maybe someone with a lot of experience could chime in on this effect.

I was shooting north.

I managed to find a couple posts on this forum, searching through Google and linking back here....one fella claimed he had 1.5 MOA drop from a downdraft on a 1300-1400 yard shot, I can't remember exact distance. He went back later in a calm condition and his standard dialup was bang on.

The wind effects the bullet the same coming down as from the side. If you run a multi wind zone program you can actually calculate the up or down drafts given some practice and time.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.