Shipping bullets

bugle20

Any restrictions by either UPS or USPS in shipping bullets (not loaded cartridges) through the mail?

To be clear you are referring to jacketed lead or solid copper projectiles? No restrictions. I've shipped and received hundreds via USPS with full disclosure. No problems.

To be clear you are referring to jacketed lead or solid copper projectiles? No restrictions. I've shipped and received hundreds via USPS with full disclosure. No problems.
Yes, just a box full of pieces of copper. Do you disclose it or just put them in a box and ship?

there are no restrictions but if they ask you what it is do not tell them bullets it screws everything up just tell them lead heads or so other crap I made the mistake of saying bullets and had to unbox it AND ARGUE WITH THE POSTMASTER finally got them shipped

USPS. Not only just the projectiles, but I mailed a bunch of .223 factory ammunition to a buddy a few months ago. I even asked the gal at the counter, I said I am mailing ammunition, do I need to ship it as hazardous material or anything, and she said. no. No extra charge either, just regular rates.

All the USPS needs to know legally are the hazmat, battery, liquids, mercury, perfume as questions. If they ask specifically, I tell them I already told you what it is not. That is ALL they can ask.

don't ever tell them you're shipping "bullets" , the general public automaticaly translates that to ammunition... hell, even a large percentage of folks who own guns don't know the difference

don't tell them "lead" either, because most people have been conditioned to think that a piece of lead, is a highly toxic thing and react irrationally

friend of mine who has been a postal employee for 25+ years, he hunts, shoots targets and handloads all his ammo

this is what he intructed me to use and it is 100% truthful and will not create any undue problems

"non-ferrous metal components"

non-ferrous metals include = Copper, lead, aluminum, brass, tin and zinc, basically everything most bullets contain in one form or another

"components" are simply parts of something and is a legal & truthful term to use and bullets are in fact components .... of a cartridge

same can be applied to shipping brass

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts