shipping a gun

deaner 20

i need to ship a gun back to browning for a restock job what do you all use as in shipping container hard case
and then what do you use as you cover box .thanks for any info and help

i need to ship a gun back to browning for a restock job what do you all use as in shipping container hard case
and then what do you use as you cover box .thanks for any info and help
I usually stop by a local gun store and ask them for one of the boxes their guns were shipped to them in for the cover box. If I don't have the original box, i ship in a narrow light hard case that will fit inside the gun store box.

20, if you're shipping just the action for the restock, remove the scope, mounts, old stock and pack it well in a rifle box with lots of foam, bubble wrap and tape. I've done this several times with no problems. The most important thing is to prevent the barrel from punching through the end of the box.

Stop by a gun shop and ask for a box. Wrap the barrel end in thick paper or cardboard and tape it. Stuff some Walmart bags in the box and put the rifle in. Use a broom handle to shove more walmart bags in til it won't move. Shove some more in the end of the box and tape it up. You should be able to shake it without the rifle moving.

When shipping mine to a gunsmith I put it in a cabelas airline approved case and took it down to UPS.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.