Shims for Vortex Venom red dot

Hugnot

Mounted on a Ruger MKIV, pic rail.

The elevation adjust works full range like little red dot moves up & down a lot but hit 4" low at 25 yards with elevation maxed out.

The elevation adjust on the red dot works full range. I thought a shim would help & found a plastic,1 degree shim from UM Tactical ($13.25 inc. shipping) that fits between red dot & part that attaches to pic base that would angle the red dot down & raise point of impact.

Anybody out there been there & done that?

Works OK after warming the red dot up to 72 deg. room temp. and cycling both elevation & windage from max to min 3 times. I got the red dot because I am real olde and don't like fuzzy rear sights.

The little plastic shim was not used.

The Vortex Viper 6 MOA appears to be well designed and functioned well today at temp. of 34 degrees. I used the auto brightness control & was able to hit clays at 50 yards with the MKIV despite the 6 MOA dot blotting out the target - hold at 6 o'clock.

I also use a Burris 2X scope, able to hit pop can targets most of the time at 50 yards. Good for close range rodents without packing heavy extra rifle. MK IV won't feed Aquila Hi Vel but does real well with Blazer .22LR.
IMG_1852.JPG