Several Stock Fit Questions....

Sapphire

It could take hours of searching to find all these answers, so I bit the bullet and started a new thread....

1. Will my 721 be a fairly easy fit into a BDL OR ADL stock?? What is the diff in the BDL and ADL??

2. I have a M700 with NO marking as to BDL/ADL SA... will it fit in an ADL or BDL?

3. Does a browning Abolt II, SAY that on the gun? Mine just says Abolt. Evidently there is a slight diff in the stock fits??

4. On Boyds website they have some unfinished stocks for insanely cheap prices. They say Mod 70 LA, No Floor Plate. Are they saying that its not cut out for the floor plate? Is it adaptable to a floorplate??

I can always call Boyds.... :rolleyes:

2) does it have a floor plate or a dbm? usually that indicates a bdl. remington should be able to tell you or if you post a pic. roninflag

1- A model 721 can be fitted into an ADL stock with a little bit of work. Some material must be removed for the floorplate of your 721. Also you would have to clearance the barrel channel to accommodate the bulge in your 721 barrel where the rear sight is. The BDL stock to my knowledge would be cut to deep and wrong for you 721 floorplate. Boyd's also makes some 721 stocks and would be an easy replacement with some minor fit work probably.

2- The model 700 action is a standard action. The difference in ADL vs BDL is the ADL is a blind magazine system. The BDL is a hinged floorplate system.

3- Not quite certain but I think the A bolt 2 is the newer design and has slight difference from original. I think it just says Abolt stamped on the barrel though.

4-An unfinished stock from boyds will come rough cut. Some final inletting and sanding will be required. If it says no floorplate then it isnt cut. You could easily router out the stock for your floorplate. If you don't feel comfortable with that Id suggest just buying the finished stock.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.