Sendero rings bases

bristyle

hello im new here..i just got a Sendero SF II 300rum.my scope is a NF 5.5-22x50 NXS.i need rings and a one pice base.im really likeing the seekins stuff.but im not sure what rings i can get away with.medium.medium hight or high..i would like to keep the scope as close to the barrel as i can..any ideas?

I'm awaiting the arrival of my SF II .300rum, nice choice! All my Rems have medium rings so I'm sticking with that height, but the Super Sniper objectives are 42 and not 50 like yours. I've used Leupold and Badger Mediums and liked them both. You may need High rings, I've never dealt with any objective over 42 so I'll allow others to set you straight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Let us know how she shoots!

I have only seen one set of Seekins rings but they do look **** nice. I am interested to see what some of the experts think about using a large aluminum ring instead of steel, how does the overall strength hold up. I would love to use aluminum for the wieght loss but I still use mostly steel.

For your bases the Warne Tactical bases would probably be the cheapest. From what I have seen they are strong and tough. For the custom/high end route I would say to go with NEAR if he has them in stock or NightForce. EIther one will be strong as hell

take it easy
steve

Thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For a sendero and 50mm objective (nightforce or Leupold) and a factory barrel you would be best off with Medium rings. If you have a large (#7) barrel you would need medium highs. The mediums work great with the factory stock and no stock modifications.

Lerch, the aluminum I use is 7075T6 and its actually very strong. the screws are grade 8 steel and I can twist off the heads @ 110in/lbs before the aluminum threads pull....
Shawn has a set of my rings and a base on his 338 edge and I havent herd that they havent performed as expected. If you want to try a set and you can break them (without breaking your scope) I will refund your $$$ and buy you any base/ring setup you want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I recommend Seekins bases and rings. I recieved my order last month. Excellent quality and Glen was great to deal with. Wade

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.