Sendero 264 mag

arcticroad

Just bought a Sendero 264 mag off a guy at work. He said he had only shot 100 rounds through it, and it was in perfect shape. Just wondering if I gave too much for it. What is a good price to give? Really wasn't wanting a 264, just wanting an action to build a 257 Weatherby, but seems like a nice piece.

New one is about $1275 did it have scope ? I would give up on .257 build a much better selection of bullets in .264 with higher BC if it was me.

For deer size game get you some 130 Nosler Accubonds and Retumbo powder and never look back to a 257 WM. If you gave under $1000 for the rifle you done good. The stock alone runs about $300 .

I gave 900 for mine used. Exact same rifle. H-1000 and 140 amaxs will shoot like a dream out of that rifle. Mine were pushing 3200 fps.

Thanks guys, you just about got me talked into keeping it like it is. It does need a trigger job, and I hate recoil, so will definitely get a brake. I have never been a magnum guy, but since I got my 6.5/284, shooting long range is a blast. I will load her up and I guess another excuse to shoot more.

Sounds like I did good on price, bought it well below what you guys are saying. Sucks that us construction workers are squeaking by these days, but the guy I bought it from needed money, so my reward.

Thanks guys, you just about got me talked into keeping it like it is. It does need a trigger job, and I hate recoil, so will definitely get a brake. I have never been a magnum guy, but since I got my 6.5/284, shooting long range is a blast. I will load her up and I guess another excuse to shoot more.

Sounds like I did good on price, bought it well below what you guys are saying. Sucks that us construction workers are squeaking by these days, but the guy I bought it from needed money, so my reward.
I have always made good money working construction, the trick is nowing what you have and spending with in your means. Oh ya and marry for money

my brother really likes his. we put vais on all our mags. google "remington crisp" you can adjust it your self. enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.