Seeking first hand information on 30mm scope rings

A little gap in the barrel channel is good for free floating and doesn't hurt anything. Stocking dealers probably went with the heavier barrel channel so it can fit anything up to those heavier contours.

EGW are good, gota couple sets of them. They provide all the measurements. Must consider clearance for turrets too, bottom may interfere with rail if you get too low of rings. I like my scores as low to barrel as possible. Trimmed the front of rail off a little so I could move scope back far enough for eye relief otherwise I would need taller rings to clear bell.

EGW are good, gota couple sets of them. They provide all the measurements. Must consider clearance for turrets too, bottom may interfere with rail if you get too low of rings. I like my scores as low to barrel as possible. Trimmed the front of rail off a little so I could move scope back far enough for eye relief otherwise I would need taller rings to clear bell.
Was the rail aluminum ? If it was steel did you have to paint the exposed end or cold blue?

I have Mountain tech rings and rails on most of my guns. In comparison I have the Mediums with a 20MOA rail holding a Vortex Razor AMG on a 28 Nosler. I haven't had any issues with a shifting zero.

I have Mountain tech rings and rails on most of my guns. In comparison I have the Mediums with a 20MOA rail holding a Vortex Razor AMG on a 28 Nosler. I haven't had any issues with a shifting zero.
Is the AMG a 50mm objective? Does it have room for a cap?. Barrel diameter forward of the breach 6 inches is approximately 1inch. I have had issues with some ring's being close to the barrel where I couldn't get dust rings on. Texas lately has been extremely windy and dry the dust is literally airborne in constant motion. Not good for expensive glass.

Is the AMG a 50mm objective? Does it have room for a cap?. Barrel diameter forward of the breach 6 inches is approximately 1inch. I have had issues with some ring's being close to the barrel where I couldn't get dust rings on. Texas lately has been extremely windy and dry the dust is literally airborne in constant motion. Not good for expensive glass.
It is a 50mm and there's room for a cap. It has a proof barrel so it's not skinny. I agree about getting good glass dirty and I've thinking about getting covers for this scope.

Here's a photo of it. As you can see, there's plenty of room.

Attachments

• 212AEC2F-C8A1-46AA-AE8B-93407F4EDB91.jpeg
    212AEC2F-C8A1-46AA-AE8B-93407F4EDB91.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
78925C22-0AAC-4A1D-A4C7-75651024EEF7.png

I've been using Farrell rings and bases for some years now. Top tier stuff IMO. This rifle is a custom 300 WSM by West Elk Precision in Grand Junction Colorado wearing a 5-25x56 atacr. They're building me a 300 Norma Improved that will wear Farrell rings as well. On my lighter hunting rifles I used Talley bases and rings for many years without a hiccup. My ultralight wears Talley ultralight one piece rings, again without a hiccup.

I have used seekings and vortex precision. I have the vortex rings on a 300 winmag and I haven't had any problems with either the scope or the rings getting loose. Just my two cents.

For our hunting rifles we've been using the Ultra-Light Tactical rings on magnums and .585" bolt face calibers with great success for years. Normally our Low or MED are the right choice for 50mm Objectives. On a pretty similar build just used MED (1.0") height rings on a 3.3-18x50 Burris XTRIII. Fits well and still allows for good point of aim on stock without an adjustable cheek piece.