Second Edition - Applied Ballistics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Topshot, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Topshot

Topshot Well-Known Member

I just recieved my copy of the Second edition of Bryan Litz Book, Applied Ballistics for Long - Range Shooting.

This is way bigger than my first edition and has a lot more information. It is going to take some time for me to read through it.

This looks like it is going to be another, "Must Have" for the long range shooter. I recomend that you get your copy before they are sold out.

[​IMG]

2. RDM416

RDM416 Well-Known Member

Topshot,
    Is the second edition a "new" book or an expanded version of the first edition?? The first edition is a great resource and I will be buying the second either way, just curious.

3. Topshot

Topshot Well-Known Member

RDM416,

The book is an update on the original. It contains all the original information plus a heap of additional information.

For example, the chapter on wind is about twice as large as in the first edition.

A full list of bullets tested is shown here........ http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/listofbullets2.pdf

I have done a review of the book and it can be read here .............
    Applied Ballistics Second Edition

I hope this helps.

4. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

Top Shot, huge favor to ask until I get the book. What is the G1 and G7 BC of the Cutting Edge 308 180 HPBT, and which version is it, Std, Max or Max Agg? I am currently load developing these bullets with good results so far.

Thanks,

-Mark